Phils at Astros, 10/4/22

Nolan Ryan?

He also might have thought Smith would finish it, and how excellent would that be?

Anyhow, fuck no-hitters. We’re Astros. Our history’s full of them.

I was not pissed, but I was a bit irritated Dusty did not try to finish it with Pressly or maybe Stanek. A shared no hitter is not as big a deal as if JV had carried one through 8, and the Astros have had two shared ones. If Smith is a possibility for the playoffs, seeing how he would do against their LH was important too. This is a long-winded way of saying I was conflicted about Dusty and the 9th inning.

2 Likes

Did the Phillies have the option of challenging the play against their OWN player to kill the no-hitter?

How close would the pressure of protecting a no-hitter in the 9th inning compare to the pressure of capping a win in the playoffs?
Which would be more important to the fans?

To the team? Important. To the fans? Maybe equal. IMHO. In this particular case, though, it’s all moot due to the 5 day break between the end of the regular season and the first game of the postseason.

This right here is the quality content I will always love from this dumb site.

Well done, MM.

1 Like

Well, my brain just dribbled out my ears after reading this.

Clean up, Aisle 16.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I’m reminded of Freddy Shoop…

“Fact: alcohol kills brain cells. You lose one more and you’re a talking monkey”

Highly underrated film.

3 Likes

Nice to see that from Framber…