Orioles @ Astros, June 23, 2024

Yellow cat is my 2nd favorite

Iā€™ve boarded. Yā€™all bring this one home.

Keep your seatbelt fastened.

mahi, dorado, dolphin

it all tastes the same.

Salad Czar with a leadoff single.

Yesterday I paid $6, maybe $7. The purchase I described happened on the beach at a sort of informal fish market and I literally saw the woman walking up to the market holding the fish by the gills. I quickly arrived at an agreement with her.

In the city at the big fish market you can often find dorado. Some fish are seasonal there, dorado, wahoo, the tuna thatā€™s around, bonito, really is what it is. When there was dorado around there was one woman in particular that I liked to buy from, she had these enormous steaks and I canā€™t imagine it was more than a couple of dollars a pound. Youā€™re hard pressed to pay more than a couple of dollars a pound for anything in there, even lobster.

Altuve crushes a liner, but right at the LFer.

Between the volume and the rapid-fire cuts between different sources, itā€™s no wonder they created a ā€œquiet zoneā€ for people for whom thatā€™s too stimulating. So hereā€™s an idea: make the whole damn stadium a quiet zone. Just the sounds of the game and the fans.

3 Likes

Bregman with a double, Salazar to 3B

Tennessee v Aggie game is also fun if you have an extra screen

Doubles are good.

Alvarez intentionally walked.

Bases drunk, one out for Diazā€¦

Yainer with a sac fly

What a terrible throw from CF. Pettis needs to remember that.

1 Like

PeƱa pops out

End of fourā€¦5-0 Astros

When I was a kid, you could do that, go down to the dock and find local fishermen and buy whatever they had. I suspect thatā€™s not a thing anymore. Wahoo is very good, and underrated. I donā€™t care for eating bonito, but love to catch them. They are tackle busting little fuckers.

On a side note, I grew up in a neighborhood colloquially known as the ā€œfish bowlā€, as all the streets were named after fish. I grew up on Bonito St.

1 Like

Tennessee leaves the bases loaded again. Aggies still lead 1-0.

:lobster::lobster::lobster::lobster::lobster::lobster:

1 Like

Perfect double play ball, PeƱa fucks up the toss and the Astros only get one.