Music 2023

Knox is a bright guy who knows what he is doing. He and I go back a long way.

2 Likes

Forthwith, I shall read all of Knox’ posts in Hugh Grant’s voice.

1 Like

As an anglophile, you honor me, sir.

2 Likes

Blur has a new album out, called The Ballad of Darren. Don’t know much about Blur but this is a pretty good album, I’ve listened to it several times already and it deserves a spot in the rotation.

1 Like

Blur came out of the BritPop revolution of the 90s, and were part of a brown dress/blue dress debate as to who was better between them and Oasis. Damon Albert, the front man for Blur, was one of the band members behind the cartoons of Gorillaz.

1 Like

When I was at the BritPop museum in Liverpool, and “learning” to play the drums in the activity-for-grown-ups section, “Song 2” was the tune I chose to play.

I was crap, but shit that was fun. “Woo-Hoo!”

2 Likes

Song 2 was an idelible part of my college years. Apropos of nothing, it’s been showing up in my Spotify daily mixes more and more lately.

2 Likes

I got married in 92 and my wife already had a 3 and 7 year old so I was quite busy at the time and missed BritPop. Looking back, Oasis isn’t a band I’d listen to. I’ll have to try more Blur and move on from there.

4 Likes

Funny, i just finished reading this article. It’s good.

This AI shit has to stop! They were never this young.

https://x.com/goth_videos/status/1696298371307250112

This gave me a chuckle. From google lyrics.

I reckon he only used one hand cause a gator done bit off the other one.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if this should go here or the travel thread but here’s a music video my band just released made up of footage from our UK tour.

Nothing Helps

8 Likes

Man, I was just transported back to the late 70’s (my mid-teens).

That is awesome! Hope you had fun.

1 Like

My 20-something daughter loves it and is sharing it with all her friends on Discord. Be ready to go viral. Or be contacted by the FBI. Ha.

3 Likes

Love it! It’s in my head now for as long as I allow it to be.

2 Likes

Thanks! We had so much stuff to sift through for this video and I’m really sad I couldn’t find a place for the Jamaican guy smoking a joint and barbecuing some amazing food outside the pub in London. We ate there two nights in a row.

2 Likes

Whoa! That was excellent!

Thanks for sharing, Matt!

1 Like

Oh and by the way, we found the famous “Clash Steps” in Camden…right next to a Coyote Ugly. Just like Joe Strummer wanted.

2 Likes