Music, 2022

haven’t listened to it yet, but we have tickets to see him in Sugarland in August.

1 Like

I don’t generally talk about it much because my music tastes are very underground and don’t fit with most people’s but I’ve been involved with the “indie” music scene here in Korea for 8 years now. I’ve watched one of our local bands Say Sue Me rise from dingy clubs to SXSW and European Tours. They just released an album that even Pitchfork says is kind of decent. If you’re into indie rock with garage and surf vibes from Busan check out Say Sue Me.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/say-sue-me-the-last-thing-left/amp/

1 Like

If you’re into indie rock with garage and surf vibes

Sold.

Rammstein’s new song and video. I don’t speak German but I based on the title, I think the the song is about preferring big tits over any other feature.

I’ll throw this in here, as Kate Bush is having a bit of a pop culture moment with her banger “Running up that Hill” being featured in the new season of Stranger Things.

1 Like

I always like her singing and her songs are interesting. I had a girlfriend in the 80s that was a hard core Kate Bush fan and made sure that I was sufficiently exposed. I haven’t heard anything by her since, “The Red Shoes” album.

1 Like

This version is great, but the video is beyond fantastic. It’s just so creative and cool I really love it. It stitches together the coloring contributions of over 2100 kids and the result is truly an amazing piece of art.

2 Likes

If I had the time, I’d love to go visit and listen for awhile.

I’ve known about this guy for quite some time. He’s a hell of a kook.

Who’s going to watch Disney’s Sex Pistols bio-series?

Who had the above phrase on their lifetime bingo card?

1 Like

It’s on Hulu. Watched it this weekend. It’s not very good but still entertaining.

1 Like

43 years old and still fuckin’ rocks!

3 Likes

Great band. Great name. Both of which have sadly lost relevance over time.

I was saddened that they didn’t have a resurgence when there were envelopes of white powder being mailed to politicians.

Amazing stuff

1 Like

The Glastonbury festival kicks off today. When a small West Country village briefly becomes one of the largest towns by population in the country.

Here’s the line-up.

I haven’t heard of about 95% of those bands, but there are some fantastic band names in there.

I was not expecting to see Herbie Hancock in the middle of that.

1 Like

Just for fun, here’s Florence and the Machine at Glastonbury in 2010. She’s from Southeast London, just like me and Kate Bush. There must be something in the water down there.

I didn’t know he was even still alive.

1 Like

Among other Alleyn’s School alums with Flo and myself, is one of these guys:

You’re thinking of John Hancock.

3 Likes

Seriously, Herbie’s got to be in his 80s. Not many jazzmen make it that long.

2 Likes