Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

Since the trading of draft picks is not currently allowed, trades would need to be one team consolidating multiple good keeper worthy players to get one better keeper. The team getting two keepers needs multiple better keeper options and the team consolidating couldn’t keep both.

Collusion is not allowed under any circumstance.

As long as its understood and the ethics are agreed to I don’t see the need for a rule either.

My original comment was wondering if it had been communicated/agreed upon.

1 Like

Just to clarify, is a quality start 6 IPs with 3 or fewer ERs allowed?

Yes thats the definition

6+ with 3-

For clarity a bad 7th inning can take away a QS

That’s my understanding. Not sure if there are other elements to the definition around the margins but that’s pretty much it. I don’t love the stat in general but it’s good for fantasy.

1 Like

Glad you put it out for discussion! This outline strikes me more as a four-year term than five. How do they do it in your CBS league, @DVauthrin?

Ah yeah—I’m ok with any term in the 4-6 range, just thinking more about the mechanics of how it works. I’m sure this is a solved problem in other leagues and we don’t need to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

Define it by the number of consecutive seasons a player is kept instead of seasons of play. Then there is no gray area.

Also if a player is traded do his remaining years stay the same or reset?

They convey, and are only reset on dropping / redrafting–

ETA–per Moriarty’s handy synopsis above.

Thats what I would assume as well but both are viable so it should be agreed to.

We use a three year keeper contract. So, if a player was drafted in 2023, they could be kept for 2024, 2025 and 2026, and would have to reenter the draft pool in 2027. You control a player for four years if you draft him, if you want.

If a player is traded, the new owner inherits the current keeper contract. If they are dropped, the contract resets.

If a player in his final year of keeper eligibility is dropped after the trade deadline that season, his contract doesn’t reset and he has to go back into the draft.

2 Likes

It occurs to me (everyone groans) that if we did implement keeper term limits, we could do so retroactively without too much trouble. Doing so would add a touch of bureaucracy up front but would militate against their being “glut drafts” every three or four or five years (or what have you) when that initial wave of kept players became draft eligible again.

It would also add a real frisson of trade interest during the year prior to the implementation of the rule.

Just throwing it out there. I’ll go hide now.

1 Like

Everyone, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. The vast majority of league owners have weighed in with ideas and suggestions. Myself, @BillyD and @Ron_Brand will evaluate the feedback, ideas and suggestions as a collective co-commissioner group, and, later this week or early next week, we’ll send out a group message with a few topics for everyone to vote on.

A couple of notes: Any agreed upon changes (due to having a majority) in the league vote will take effect starting in the 2024 season. No changes will be made retroactively nor will they take effect for this season.

Example: If the group votes to implement keeper limits, the first year of being kept would be 2024 for anyone on your roster, and 2025 for players drafted in the 2024 draft.

1 Like

Trade notice: RKFC & Goldrush have agreed to a deal. From RKFC, Bregman and Alek Manoah. From Goldrush: J. Ram and Logan Webb. Thank you.

2 Likes

In the meantime can one of the three of y’all go ahead and renew our league for 2023?

@BillyD has renewed the league.

1 Like

One topic that I feel needs to be addressed is the 2/way player keeper scenario. I have no issues with Ohtani (pitcher and hitter) being owned by the same person (Jarod, nothing personal) but i feel he should count as 2 keepers. And yeah, I misunderstood the trading draft picks vote and would be happy to change it to yes if needed.

I agree this should be addressed.

While I’m not sure if he should count as 2 keepers, his owner definitely gets an unfair advantage.

I think Ohtani the pitcher and Ohtani the DH are 2 different players.

Random position players who pitch mop up type situations don’t count toward pitching stats because an owner has him on the roster.

I don’t know if the site has the functionality of allowing 2 ohtani’s on 2 different teams.

I think the owner should get the option of him taking 2 roster spots and 2 keeper spots or choosing him as pitcher or position player and that limit enforced the entire season.

The standard that I’ve seen is that Ohtani hitter and Ohtani pitcher are different players. That’s how it is on my Yahoo league too.

We addressed this back when Ohtani first entered the league and agreed on how things are now. It definitely conveys an enormous advantage to Ohtani’s team, but that’s what Ohtani does in real life too. I think it’s a good system.

1 Like