Mariners at Astros, 5/4/22

Same here, coach. Alas I had to get by on low 80s and decent curve

1 Like

By my quick count on Gamecast, prior to Castroā€™s AB, heā€™d thrown 73 pitches and 43 sliders.

I do not know how fast I threw. The Sun Dial was broken.

3 Likes

Chas has such a funky swing path. He misses the ball by feet.

T4: Verlander allows 2 singles with 2 out but strikes out Suarez to end the inning

He has such a huge loop, heā€™s lucky to ever make contact. When he does, it can go a long way, but the window is pretty small.

2 Likes

54 pitches, 42 strikes for JV through 4, 12/14 first pitch strikes.

Yes, loop is an apt description. I do not know how he ever makes contact.

Altuve just swung at a pitch that was about to hit him, and it seems he fouled it in to his own junk.

What a time to be alive!

2 Likes

ā€¦then singles to right

How was that not a HR?? Iā€™m at the game and it sure looked like it was out?

Close as you can getā€¦it hit the top of the yellow line.

Literally hit the top of the yellow padding and came back in.

Ok, I thought if it hit the yellow line and bounced back into the field of play it was a HR.

Nope, gotta clear the yellow line. The whole ball.

eta: Hudson is right.

eta2: now that Iā€™ve googled, Iā€™m not sure.

if it hits the yellow line and, barring fan interference, goes into the stands itā€™s a HR according to what I just read

You were right (not sure what happened to your response). The yellow line is the top of the fenceā€¦if it hits and goes out of play in fair territory, itā€™s a home run. Hits and goes out of play in foul territory, itā€™s two bases for everyone. Hits and bounces back into play, itā€™s a live ball.

I edited it because I thought/assumed you were right initially.

Should have trusted my stuff.

You were right, weā€™re saying the same thing. If the ball goes out of play in flight over fair territory, itā€™s a home run. When the yellow line comes into play, and the ball doesnā€™t go out of the field of play, such as if itā€™s painted on the wall, the whole ball has to clear the yellow part. Likewise, if it hits the line and doesnā€™t go out of play, itā€™s just a ball off the wall, and itā€™s live.

1 Like

Goodrum replaces Altuve after the nutshot. Please be ok.