In Praise of iMac

Basically, yes. Also good for watching movies and playing games in places like planes without annoying anyone else or worrying about kids seeing aliens burst out of people.

I did wonder about that too. They might swap in a Memoji.

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Rumors were $3000 (and 2-hour battery life).

LMAO at both of those, if true

1 Like

From the company that brought you a watch that couldnā€™t make it through a 24-hour day. Did they ever get the battery life higher on that thing?

UP TO 2 hours of battery life. So really like 1 hour.

1 Like

Yes. My S7 will go at least a day and a half without dying, and with the faster 30W charging it can recharge in about 30 mins.

1 Like

Wait, did they just say you add corrective lenses to the headset itself? Can you not fit this thing around glasses?

Definitely sounds like it.

Iā€™d prefer not to have to wear glasses under it.

Soā€¦ nope

1 Like

I donā€™t want to sound dismissiveā€”Apple rarely makes big mistakesā€”but this doesnā€™t seem like something thatā€™ll be a mass market product for a long time. It may be where things are going in the long term but god dang itā€™s a narrow use case right now.

I liked the ā€œitā€™ll work all day when plugged inā€ line. So does literally anything else that plugs into power.

4 Likes

Hopefully you can connect the battery pack to power so that it can recharge while you use the goggles at the same time.

Just wondering if Apple has finally made a product Iā€™d be interested in using.

1 Like

Even better: itā€™s a memoji of you!

1 Like

It seems really cool, and I could see it replacing a big TV (except that it will crap out 2/3rds of the way through the movie). But the price (tba at this point) is going to be prohibitive.

First-person perspective games are going to be insane on this thing.

$3499

For solo viewing, anyway. I think thatā€™s part of the issue: does this replace anything? Not your phone, not your TV if you ever watch with more than one person, not your laptop if you ever want to work from somewhere without an outletā€¦