I guess the umpires are going to need new patches

At least $1 billion of client funds missing at failed crypto firm FTX

Looks like FTX did an oopsie. Hope none of y’all take investment advice from patches.

Sums up the crypto industry pretty well:

4 Likes

FTX apparently stands for Fortunes Totally eXterminated! (boo! Hiss!)

1 Like

I’m sure Larry David and Tom Brady invested a bunch of their money in this deal

I was told that fortune favors the brave.

2 Likes

But rarely the stupid.

Was that the same company?

I hope so.

1 Like

I don’t really remember. But I wonder if he took payment for his work in crypto or insisted on good, old-fashioned greenbacks.

1 Like

No, he shilled for a different scam (crypto dot com)

1 Like

Bankman-Fried was no run-of-the-mill donor — the former CEO was one of the Democratic Party’s largest donors, publicly sending committees and politicians tens of millions. In a recent interview, however, Bankman-Fried said he donated an equal amount to Republicans using “dark,” or non-publicly disclosed methods.

“All my Republican donations were dark,” Bankman-Fried said. “The reason was not for regulatory reasons, it’s because reporters freak the fuck out if you donate to Republicans. They’re all super liberal, and I didn’t want to have that fight.”

1 Like

I trust the guy who did the accounting for his multi billion dollar company on Quickbooks. He seems like someone with informed opinions.

Shouldn’t the story here be that Republicans took tens of millions of donations from a source that was not legitimate and could’ve been anyone?

He has to run out of lawyers at some point…right?

Not till he runs out of money

That’s irrelevant. He doesn’t pay them.

How about until the money runs out, then?

Let me clarify…the lawyers don’t get paid.

Seems like a flawed business model then. I thought that only worked for lawyers who advertise on billboards.

Who do you think he’s hiring at this point?

2 Likes

It’s a great business model for Trump.

1 Like