Hurricane Laura

Ah, ok, I didn’t realize those were more recent. SETX/SWLA, prepare your anii.

Appreciate the input Das!

I live near Beaumont so we’ve evacuated out of the area.

3 Likes

Good luck to you and your neighbors. The poor Beaumont area has just been blasted the last few years.

1 Like

Be safe.

2 Likes

Good luck with you and yours.

1 Like

Many thanks everyone. We didn’t take a vacation this year since Covid so we’ll try to make the best of it with a hurrication.

Never been to Fredericksburg so we’ll see some of the town while we’re here. Any suggestions are welcome!

Great town! Beer, antiques, and an awesome WWII Museum.

1 Like

WWII museum is a must.

2 Likes

I’ll buy yall a beer any time yall are here.

Hauntingly beautiful:

(time sensitive, big internet connection required)

Enchanted Rock outside Fredericksburg is pretty great if you want to do a short hike.

1 Like

Glad you’re safe. My aunt in Nederland has evacuated.

My cousin in Beaumont is… riding it out??

Wow.

Make sure you make a reservation online.

Ugg, I hate to hear anyone has stayed

My father n law wouldn’t leave & is riding it out in Beaumont. Some friends in Bridge City won’t leave as well. The friend in Bridge City wasn’t there for Ike so they have no clue what flooding they will have to deal with.

I think of Rita. Devastating.

Everyone should be out of that area.

Unfortunately, I get to watch from a penthouse in the hospital. Living in one of the highest places in Kingwood, we have never been close to flooding, so we have little reason to leave.

1 Like

The 10:00am NHC update has Laura inching a bit further east, which should lessen the impact on Beaumont. It’s still going to suck, but Lake Charles is going to get the brunt of it.

My cousin evacuated for Rita and it was 2-3 days before he could get back and start with cleanup of his and my aunt’s houses. He’s ridden out every storm (Ike, Harvey, Laura) since.

That’s my hometown.

My parents moved 6 weeks before Ike hit.

Literally nothing like it in the recorded history of the area.

Every home had water in it. Every. One.

Hope it’s nothing like that this time and everyone stays safe.

I have family in Nederland too, 98 year old grandma in-law. Thankfully we scared her with the potential no AC for days scenario, to get her to head to one of her sons house.

2 Likes