How is everyone

Zero chance that brisket was even within ten miles of a smoker.

2 Likes

He woke up and decided to throw his wife under the bus:

1 Like

SMH…

Texas Monthly’s Barbecue editor, Daniel Vaughn made a brisket using the Cornyn family technique. His verdict:

It was filling and didn’t taste offensive, but boy was it dry.

Which is pretty much what you’d expect when you trim all visible fat and then slice it up before sticking it back in the oven to dry out for another hour and a half.

I once at a whole loaf of white bread. It was filling and didn’t taste offensive, but boy was it dry.

3 Likes

You should tell your wife to come up with a new recipe.

1 Like

My mother was a pretty good southern cook. Back in the 70s she came up with a method for cooking brisket that involved liquid smoke, bouillon cubes, and an oven bag–this was long before brisket was sanctified, and my bet is she read it in a newspaper and it was a cheap cut of beef. That probably
qualifies as an old family recipe, and it probably wouldn’t be dry, but if I cook any that way I’m not advertising it.

Braised brisket is delicious. I don’t know what the hell Cornyn was doing.

Doesn’t this just sum up Cornyn perfectly?

Forget brisket. Miracle brewing in Georgia.

Pretty much. You asked how someone could vote for Warnock, but not Ossoff…well, it’d be pretty much the same in Texas. If John Cornyn and Ted Cruz were in a runoff, there are lots of people who’d vote for Cornyn, but not Ted Cruz. People don’t like Ted Cruz. He is a worm. Like Kelly Loeffler.

That tweet about Loeffler being able to return her jeans and flannel shirts because she’s had them less than 30 days is perfect.

1 Like

Worms are good for the garden and as bait.

So they’re at least 2 up on Cruz in the benefit to humans column.

1 Like

Amazing what happens when you put knowledgable people in charge of organizing and invest resources in previously “unwinnable” races.

3 Likes

I lack a smoker and have braised before. Braise in beer and have a cut with plenty of fat and you’re in good shape. Stick under the broiler and you at least get a loose approximation.

How do you not have a smoker? What the hell kind of Texan are you?

1 Like

We just redid our porch and haven’t adjusted yet

We’re in the process of redoing our porch now. I also don’t have a smoker. Between the dutch oven and the barbecue truck that hangs out in the parking lot of Westbury Baptist Church, my brisket needs are met.

Blue lives matter