How is everyone

What an awesome post. You would earn the Mihoba if there still was such a thing. Glad you spotted it (with an assist from a legend), and that you’re recovering. However, commenting on the size of your tube is just bragging.

As for Laureano, are we getting all medically correct these days, or does Piss Pipe work?

Hopefully you are high up the list?

Holy shit, Craig. Glad you are ok.

Being separated, I was planning to spend Christmas in my apartment with Ezzy (the cat). Honestly, I was actually kinda looking forward to it. I will Zoom/Facetime with my family back in Limeyland on Christmas morning and, otherwise, my plan was to watch movies, cook up some hearty vegan meals, drink some beer and bourbon and enjoy 3 or 4 days without looking at my home office set-up and feeling guilty.

But I have some big-hearted friends who genuinely feel bad that I was going to be on my own, and so now I have a Christmas Eve and a Christmas Day event. Both will be small family gatherings and both planned for outside (the weather looks like it will cooperate). I am torn between not wanting to go because of COVID, not wanting to go because it means going, not wanting to go because the cat has strong separation anxiety, and being under such enormous social pressure to go that it outweighs all of the above.

Honestly, I think they think I’m going to take a nosedive off my balcony, when I’m actually very comfortable in this space and making legit plans to change my life for the better (with no offense meant for the former Mrs Limey who is a wonderful person and who remains in my life). Perhaps for the first time ever, I have a real idea about where I want my life to be and actually how to get there. The main variables right now are timing, and the cat (found by the former Mrs Limey in a storm and who thus became my charge).

In the meantime, I have been doing my best to stay isolated. I did go up to Horseshoe Bay for a golf tournament (it’s 25th anniversary), but the events - save one dinner - were all outside. That was in October, and no one contracted anything which was a relief. I was more diligent about my isolation before and after, just in case. Otherwise, my only quarantine-busting has been the occasional round of golf, where I walk to maintain separation and we have a post game drink only if we can be outside.

This all makes me wish that I was in my van, off-grid somewhere up a mountain (away from the RVing masses with their generators and snot-faced kids) where I could execute my original plan, just swapping movies for hikes, big skies and a camp fire.

5 Likes

Do not go, Limey. Just say no.

1 Like

So let it be written, so let it be done.

So glad to hear you’re ok.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, that’s better than The Catheter.

I’m in the medically urgent group, but I’m really leery of how the vaccine will get distributed. I have a feeling it will be utter chaos and I won’t feel good until after I’ve had two shots.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jim. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

BTW, I had to watch the Rays series at home, AFTER surgery, battered and bruised and barely able to move. And no magic catheters. Sometimes it isn’t meant to be.

3 Likes

Damn Craig, so glad you heeded the warnings and that you are on the road to recovery. Also scars are pretty cool.

Wow, Craig, I had no idea. I’m glad to hear that you’re recovering well.

My eldest daughter and her family quarantined for a couple of weeks, as did we, and we all got together for a day the weekend before last. We hadn’t seen them since July, which is a lifetime for a one-year-old. Both grandkids ran to us, and I can’t describe the feeling that engenders. We had a wonderful weekend, and we’re so thankful that we’re all still healthy.

As seems to be the case for most folks here, my wife and I will be spending the holiday by ourselves. We’re going with a Mexican feast this year, anchored by mole sauce that we bought from Tacodeli to try to help those folks out.

Everybody take care. Don’t do anything silly; we’ll eventually get through this.

Btw: I bought some Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City Brewing, partly because I figured HH and Ty would approve. It’s pretty good.

6 Likes

If you stumble across the White Oak Aged version of it, do yourself a favor and grab a sixer. Solid beer on its own, but the white oak version is delicious.

Better than John Cornyn’s brisket

Holy batshit…what the fuck is that thing? That is a brisket the same way a hot dog wrapped in a Kraft cheese single is homemade apple pie. He should have his ass impeached for that abomination.

1 Like

I definitely approve this message. They’re pretty IPA happy, but they make some good stuff. The Maduro is good, as is the Florida Cracker wheat beer.

My mom liked at the picture and asked what it was.

Good brisket does NOT need sauce.

I mean, clearly there are several acceptable methods for cooking brisket, but no matter what method he’s shooting for he’s doing it wrong.

Some of the comments on twitter are solid.

That may be how they do it in Canada. Or Cuba.

Mar a Largo or whatever the fuck that place is called.

That brisket is so bad Bill O’Brien traded 2 first round picks for it

8 Likes

Did he cook it on a smoker and then take it in and slice it all at once and put it on the dish to serve it or did he slice it up and then cooked in the dish in the oven, or what? At best it is a terrible way to serve meat.