Houston v. St Louis

How did the Third Man turn out? Apologies, been a rather busy week and I’m not keeping pace of the Astros as well as I should.

It was worth seven runs. It was awesome.

Nailed it! 10-7!!!

Cardinal quotes during the 8th:

…The Cardinal killer DOES IT AGAIN!!!
…This was the 16th blown save this year for the Cards, matching the total 16 blown saves in 2022…
…Now you know why Maldonado BUNTS!!! Yikes!!!
…Cards have allowed 33 2-strike HR’s this year, 6th most in ML, and 26 2-out HR’s…
…Then, that’s real trouble (Abreu’s 2-strike, 2-out HR)…

(As Altuve bats in the 9th)
…a lifetime .377 hitter against the Cards,
…reached base 4 times, scored 2x, and and driven in 3 - we wish he had taken the night off.

1 Like

WTF are you talking about?

Was she the only one to question Medris in lineup?

Is that what “roll the dice” meant, goofball? If guys are on the roster in MLB, they need to play some. An occasional start for a bench player should be expected.

This team has struggled to score runs vs RHP all season.

Only Bregman and Diaz are better vs RHP than LHP and that includes Yordan and Tucker.

Brown has publicly stated he has been looking forca bat to help with this.

Madris was very good vs RHP and umplayable vs LHP in AAA.

Its why he was brought up.

I question lots of Dusty’s lineups (Julks hitting leadoff, giving 3-4 regulars a day off together, etc) and other decisions (Montero pitching the 8th inning in a save situation) but not this.

1 Like

Very helpful, Jim.
Much obliged.

All very true. The goofball questioned why he was in the lineup, and the answer is bench players need ABs other than PH. An occasional start is a must. He also was 2-4.

1 Like

Didn’t Hinch use something like 154 different lineups in 2017? I guess he had lost it too.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I should have also mentioned that.

Every player is 1 bad pitch or play from being the starter. They need to play enough to stay in tune.

1 Like

I was poking around B-R the other day, and yeah the Stros have used a bunch of different lineups, but they always have, and so does every other team I looked at

1 Like

It was good to see Madris contribute.

2 Likes

The Panamanian bar I’m in at the moment is playing Trampled Under Foot.

And then they segued to Greta Van Fleet, which is a pretty nice touch.

“Isn’t that special?”

Baby let me check your points, fix your overdrive.

I don’t think I would have predicted, Yeah, this guy’s going to have a renaissance as a neo-bluegrass sensation, summer amphitheaters full of Teva sandals and metformin.

1 Like

4-2 Boston, top 7

I don’t know what they’re playing as walkup music.