Guardians @ Astros, August 2, 2023

1 to go

Straw’s like, “so you’re the CF, huh?”

1 Like

Ponche!! Winner!!

Sweep!

1 Like

We are back in 1st for the time being! Hope for a Arlington L tonight.

4 Likes

I’m happy for the win, but the offense needs to get a lot better at picking up these runner-at-3rd situations.

For the moment, the Astros are tied for 1st.

1 Like

All’s well that ends well I suppose but DHing Julks is a special kind of insanity.

2 Likes

I like Julks and think he’s a good hitter but he needs to work this out in AAA. He can come back when rosters expand or give it another go next season.

1 Like

I don’t mind keeping him around and letting him try to get right at the major league level, and I’d give him a start in left every fourth game or so, but only when all of the good hitters that Dusty likes to rest are in the lineup together - Altuve, Yordan, Chas and Yainer. Bat Julks ninth in that lineup and I think you’ll eventually be rewarded.

2 Likes

Yes. Julks is a much better bench bat and part-time player than some of the other options for that last spot. He just needs to quit being used as an everyday player (at least for a while).

Bat the pitcher 8th, Bat the DH 9th

It’s what smart managers do

Have you been drinking? Or falling asleep at the wheel at an intersection?

1 Like

Neither…did i spell that right?

1 Like

While I was looking as just how bad Julks has been, I realized that since July 1, Dubón is hitting .200/.234/.267

Leadoff guy

You can really go all the way back to just before the start of June. Since May 23 .228/.246/.344

No problem with the guy filling in from time to time but fucking hell, get him out of the leadoff spot

I wonder if his multihit games are skewing my assessment of him.

Or maybe timely hits.

Either way I’m glad Altuve is back and hope some rest time will do him good.