George Springer is a good dude

I can’t link the article (Chronicle) but GS donated $100,000 to help MMP employees that will lose income due to the virus.

2 Likes

A generous gift indeed, but I wonder what is the PT payroll for one home game, how far the $100K would go.

Further than $0.

About 100k more, by my math.

Sad I wasted the 3 seconds of my life on reading the post before yours.

1 Like

And Bregman and McCullers have donated $100K to Houston Food Bank.

1 Like

Wow! 10% of his new contract!

After signing a 2-year, $50m contract w/ the Saints earlier this month, Drew (and Brittany) Brees give $5m to the state of Louisiana “… to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need. Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together.”

A generous gift indeed, but I wonder about the 10,001 person, how far the $5MM would go.

1 Like

Absolutely true, but a giving contest might be a good thing during this time…

What a strange thing to complain about.

Just “what a strange …” fits too.

Strange reference to early reply in thread, not a complaint.

I got it and was not referring to you, Sphinx.

How about Shin-Soo Choo’s gift to the Rangers minor league players. (Someone observed that this gift would “2x their salaries.”)

A generous gift indeed, but I wonder what is the PT payroll for one home game, how far the $190K would go.

2 Likes

Of course the Rangers are the first team to announce they won’t be paying baseball-operations employees through the full month of May. Such a classy organization.