General TV Thread

I did, and thought he was great in it.

This feels like a pretty major step in the direction of serious acting though, whereas in White Lotus he was less zany, but still pretty goofy.

The finale of The Crowded Room is very satisfying. The visualization of Danny’s “alters” is exceptional, and the switching back and forth between them is so well integrated. The full extent of Danny’s backstory is heartbreaking.

Highly recommended show.

I would highly recommend Unknown: Cosmic Time Machine, a documentary about the James Webb telescope on Netflix. Incredible. These have to be about the smartest people the planet has ever produced.

2 Likes

Finale of Righteous Gemstones last night. God bless Uncle Baby Billy

Whoo-whee, sucka.

ETA: Walton Goggins is a goddamn national treasure.

4 Likes

Happy Only Murders Day to those who celebrate!

3 Likes

Anyone been watching the new Justified continuation/spinoff?

I actually started Justified (the original show) last month and am almost finished with the original, and will be starting the new one once I finish.

You’re a good man, and thorough.

1 Like

Adding Streep and Rudd to the cast is impressive.

1 Like

Yep. It’s good, still kind of hoping they can bring Boyd Crowder into the storyline.

I just started watching The Shield for the first time. It’s pretty good. Walton Goggins rules.

1 Like

That show is brutal, from what i remember

The breakout star of Major League 3: Back to the Minors.

I haven’t seen this week’s Justified yet, but I’ve enjoyed the first four episodes. It’s not quite the same with the Detroit setting and alarming lack of Boyd Crowder - as well as Elmore Leonard’s contribution to the scripts and such - but I am never going to turn down a chance to see more Raylan Givens.

1 Like

Well this new documentary on HBO, Telemarketer$ is wild.

Why hadn’t any of you told me about “The Bear”?

1 Like

There’s a little too much yelling for me, but the acting is superb and the kitchen scenes remind me of my time as dish-washer/busboy/waiter/prep. cook in the culinary industry.

1 Like

Yeah, the yelling gets a bit much. I can watch one or two at a time before needing to decompress.

S2, Ep6 is a masterpiece.