General Movie Thread

We’re gonna need a bigger bike.

3 Likes

I think it’s funny when I have music on shuffle and ELO’s Prologue from their Time album randomly pops up.

1 Like

“The Marvels” seems to be getting a lot of love now that it has hit the streams.

2 Likes

I think it was a Tool album that had about 86 10 second blank tracks before the hidden track 99. This was terrible if you ever tried to put that cd in a changer set to shuffle.

It’s incomprehensible.

Undertow.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. The final fight scene was too choppily edited for my taste, but I’m not the target audience. This is not an issue unique to The Marvels, either.

The flurkin stuff was pretty funny.

3 Likes

We watched this last night. Great movie, but I’m not sure I’d classify it as a RomCom, more of a coming of age. And I’m sorry for all of you who said this was your life.

1 Like

If you’re looking for an Edgar Wright fix, Amazon Prime has added Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim. Both are highly recommended, and both have Wright’s unique style on full display.

Hot Fuzz being a riff (not spoof) on big budget Hollywood buddy-cop movies, set in a quiet English village. It’s a hilarious trope-fest with a plot that will keep you guessing until the end.

Scott Pilgrim was unsuccessful due to a number of reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the film. It is exceptionally funny, has some awesome music and Wright went all-out on his trademark imagery, transitions and callbacks. The cast is stacked with a ton of then up-and-comers.

2 Likes

Not really a rom-com, but The Way Way Back is worth a watch. So is The Kings of Summer.

I love that movie.

The first instance in a long, long time of using “Memory” to good effect.

1 Like

The marketing for Deadpool 3 is going to be a treat.

2 Likes

I watched MI: Dead Reckoning. Suffers from Matrix: Reloadeditis. Bloated, too many action sequences that were too long and the whole thing is ultimately unnecessary.

That wig! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rumor/Spoiler

Blake Lively being in the box at the SuperBowl with Taylor Swift adds some credence to the rumors that she’s (Taylor) in DP3.

2 Likes

If you aren’t going to watch the movie, but wonder what all the fuss was about…watch this instead.

Massive spoilers…obviously.

(Apologies, again)
(Another very late drive-by comment, again)
Snuggled with my boys on the couch, basically any sci-fi/dystopian content should suffice …
Free trial of Paramount+, so

“World War Z”

Unwatchable. WTF is going on with “creative” people spending lots of money?

I loved the book but there was zero chance of it working a a movie.

So, so, so much this.

Someday we should have a discussion about the best/worst books-to-movies. I’d throw out for the best:

The Godfather
Apocalypse Now
Bladerunner

For the worst:

Bonfire of the Vanities
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

1 Like