Ex-Astros News 2020

Today is the 15th anniversary of Ken Caminiti’s death. :frowning_face:

1 Like

That is one of those that I remember where I was when I heard (read, actually) it. I did not realize the depths to which he had fallen.

Caminiti died on October 10. Same day as Christopher Reeve.

Weird. I got that from his daughter’s twitter. I even looked to see if it was the same day post. I didn’t think to fact check her. Lesson learned.

Brandon Barnes has signed a minor league contract with the Reds.

Brady Rodgers signs a minor league deal with the Orioles and gets an invite to spring training.

Nick Tropeano inks a minors deal with the Yankmees and an invite to ST.

Twins pull out of 3 way (that was for Limey):

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/twins-pull-out-of-original-three-team-mookie-betts-trade-with-dodgers-red-sox-with-next-steps-uncertain/

OutSTANding. Now if he’ll only come here and see it.

Collin McHugh has been signed to a one year deal by the Red Sox.

600,000 dollar base salary with performance bonuses related to innings pitched and active days.

So we couldn’t afford 600,000? I mean, it’s not my money, but I would have liked to have Collin back…

My guess is C McH’s arm is done.

I read this morning that he was only cleared to start throwing a few days ago. No wonder nobody wanted to touch him until now.

He dropped down a lot the last couple of years, and watching him throw that sidearm slider made my elbow hurt.

I hope it works out for him. He was a good Astro and teammate.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t realize he was unable to throw until just recently. I do hope he’s able to bounce back, though. Good guy.

Best of luck to Collin. Really enjoyed/ appreciated his time with the Astros.

Nice group of stories about the Bob Watson Center the team opened up.

I was not prepared to see Bob’s physical decline. None of us is getting any younger I guess. Congrats to him and his family for the honor.

1 Like

I forget what the affliction is that the Bull is dealing with but it has really been rough for him. IIRC it is a kidney disease.

McHugh, a victim in all this; helpless to stop it.