Electric Vehicles

John Lennon: “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”

2 Likes

He wasn’t much of a hands-on parent until she got older.

4 Likes

The future’s so white, I gotta wear shades.

So we’re allowed to have vacations now or just him?

1 Like

These look like the Dr. Evil concept sketches

1 Like

Scott Perry is a disingenuous idiot, who tries to compare a random ICE car price with the average cost of all EVs, and even add back the $7,500 subsidy for shits and giggles. Mayor Pete does his customary, respectful and polite, demolition job.

The average price of an ICE car in the US is $45,000. If the average price of an EV is $55,000, regardless of subsidies, you can’t ignore the vast savings in annual fuel costs. Perry should STFU and Pete told him so…very nicely.

So … If I reduce the size of the battery pack to zero and add a small ICE for emergencies, isn’t that the most efficient way to go?

I have actually been eying this one – anyone have a review (or a link to one)?

Ironically, no.

Here’s a review from the UK, but the bloke who does it is pretty practical and doesn’t get bogged down in the technical minutiae.

1 Like

So I guess “ad infinitum” was a bit of an exaggeration, then?

1 Like

As a Mustang enthusiast, I fucking hate it. Slapping the Mustang logo on a small SUV is bullshit.

Otherwise, it gets rave reviews from everyone I know that’s driven one.

Just wish they’d gone with the Fiesta or Escape for the name/logo.

4 Likes

Call it The MINO

2 Likes

It’s a MINO world without sports coups.

1 Like

The branding was stupid, and everyone called it out upon the announcement. No one knows WTF Ford was thinking. It would’ve been cheaper to produce as an Escape because they wouldn’t have had to build in all the Mustangy styling cues.

I’ve said it several times (and I’m sure I’ll say it plenty more), but if they make a legit hybrid/EV Mustang down the road, I’ll be the first in line to buy one when it’s time for a new car.

2 Likes

The Mach E is a big hit with industry insiders. It does seem to be a solid EV, but a lot of the hype from “industry insiders” is because - while it’s not really a Mustang - it’s actually not a Tesla.

No one is going to buy an electric Escape. Call it a “Mustang” and people will join waiting lists.

1 Like

I hate that this is true.

Many/most other manufacturers have come up with new product line names for their EVs. They are flying off the shelves too, not to mention those of brand new companies like Rivian, Polestar and another one who’s name I can’t quite put my finger on.

They didn’t have to use “Escape”, but they shouldn’t have used “Mustang”.