Electric Vehicles

Such a beautiful car.

The A7 I had still ranks as the best car I’ve ever owned. It was low and wide too, but - once you got it off the line - you never felt that at all. I imagine that electrification cures the off-the-line sluggish feel.

Thanks. I am going to go check it out this weekend. It just seemed extreme. The car I am selling has only depreciated 45% in 3 years (Ford Bronco), so to see 45% in a year just stood out. The one I am specifically eyeing is an RS model that looks very similar to your picture.

Feel free to PM me the details if you like. I know everything there is to reasonably know about the car, including good used prices, option packages, issue areas, etc… Happy to share what I know.

This would seem to be significant.

China is the world’s biggest car market.

And also the world’s biggest greenhouse gas emitter (well over twice the US).

Anything they can do to bring that down is a good thing.

1 Like

They are still building coal-fired power plants, so it’s a double-edged sword. My understanding is that, if you isolate the emissions from coal-fired generation of the juice to power EVs, it’s still less than the emissions had those cars been ICE. But it’s close.

Considering China makes everyone’s solar panels, wind turbines and batteries, it seems a little strange that they haven’t started moving in that direction yet. Maybe it’s like the lobster fisherman in “Local Hero” who couldn’t comment on how good the lobsters were, because he couldn’t afford them.

1 Like

China is installing more new solar than the U.S. and the E.U. combined. They have slowed their coal-fired plant construction and some think it could end entirely although it would be some time until the large existing fleet shuts down.

3 Likes

They also have about 88 nuclear power plants, with plans to double that. That doesn’t give me pause at all.

I have no idea what this is, but when I saw it in Milan today I immediately thought of this thread.

2 Likes

I saw one of those in Paris. It’s barely larger than the driver.

You sticking around for the F1 race?

It’s a moveable bollard.

Here’s an article on Chinese renewables.

1 Like

If you want to know whether Threads is catching up to Xitter as a social media platform, today I saw a thread where people were arguing over whether Disha Patani is “fit” or not. So, yeah, it’s catching up.

Warning: Googling Disha Patani is not safe for bunks.

Just did. I’ll be on my couch.

1 Like

On or in?

3 Likes

Musk made an unlicensed rocket launch.

Can we please put an end to handing things as important as space exploration (or the internet) to private companies.

1 Like

Can’t even be a Bond villain any more because of woke

1 Like

They should add three zeros to that.

1 Like