EasTexAstro

ETA fka Joey Voss passed away this morning. RIP.

2 Likes

I’m crying. Joey was a great person, friend, dad, and husband.

1 Like

Heartbreaking. I’m so sorry for his family. It seemed like he provided a foundation for that family, which faced more than its fair share of tragedy to endure. I can only imagine the pain and heartache they are in now.

Thanks for letting us know, BG.

2 Likes

Very sad to hear this.

I was worried when we hadn’t heard from him for the past few weeks.

Condolences to his family.

RIP, Joey.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this! Thanks for sharing, Leslie. RIP, Joey.

For anyone who never met him in person, Joey was one of the kindest, sweetest souls you could ever know. He will be missed terribly by his family and everyone who knew him.

4 Likes

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this.

1 Like

Never met him, but he really did seem to be a sweet person. RIP

I’ve met a bunch of great people here, but none I thought more of than ETA.

1 Like

Sad news indeed. RIP, ETA.

I’m saddened to hear this. I had the opportunity to meet Joey at one of the first opening day gatherings I went to, and he was a very down to earth, nice person. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones and those that knew him better than me here.

Joey went through a lot in the years that we knew him, but he was always a nice, friendly guy both in person and on the boards.

Rest in peace, Joey. You’ll be missed at our opening day gatherings (and just about everywhere else, I’d bet).

1 Like

Dammit. I am so sorry. Joey was a genuinely good guy who had to deal with a lot of tragedy. Life simply is not fair sometimes. Rest In Peace, friend.

2 Likes

So very sad. He went through a lot in his too-short life. Just a very sweet, loving person. And even in his tough times, he always seemed to find time for here and even an Opening Day. RIP. He will be missed.

2 Likes

First met him at the 2004 (IIRC) softball game, and another few times at games over the years. Truly a great guy. RIP.

1 Like

Man. As most have said, he was a very sweet guy who had to deal with an outsized amount of bad shit. I really thought he’d pull through this.

1 Like

Very sad news indeed. RIP Joey.
Condolences, Jessica.

He will be truly mixed. Rest in Peace

3 Likes

I think he would have liked this.

4 Likes

I think I’ll light a cnadle in his honor

3 Likes