College Football 2023

In the brief era of Cabana schism, I was a Sombrero Rosa loyalist. We’d stop at the one on Wurzbach and I-10 every Friday night on the way to Gustafson Stadium.

TC was pretty much late night only. My favorites (and this is a looong time ago) were Piedras Negras De Noche on S. Laredo for fajitas and the original Blanco Cafe on Blanco near Hildebrand for all-around TexMex.

See, Hudson, I’m not a total idiot.

The cheese enchiladas at the Blanco Cafe are my platonic ideal.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure either of our memories are what they once were. It’s hell getting old.

1 Like

There are few things worse than newspaper headlines trying to be funny about a comedy club closing.

The Comedy Workshop. I remember seeing Bill Hicks there back in the day.

YES!

The Deluxe Mexican Dinner was the bomb. I couldn’t not order it every time. At the time it was a cool $4.25 including a Co-cola.

Wasn’t Blanco’s the honky-tonk on West Alabama?

In Houston, yeah. Now it’s the St. John’s baseball stadium.

The Blanco Cafe is near my mom’s house. I can attest that the cheese enchiladas are pretty goddamn good.

1 Like

Just thinking about the Blanco Cafe makes me sigh.

1 Like

Goddamnit, I miss the Oilers.

Those are pretty sweet uniforms, btw.

Who’s ready for the Allstate 12 Conference?

Conference naming rights? Fine, sure, whatever. The unforgivably stupid part would be if they rename their 16-team league and keep the goddamn number 12 in it. You’re already renaming the league, just leave the number off.

2 Likes

This is college football. We only make decisions that are the maximum amount of dumb

1 Like

https://x.com/D3vJaVu/status/1801335783636296029

2 Likes

Conference USAA

4 Likes