College Basketball 2023 - 2024

Can the selection committee just release a statement that says - unless you were outside looking in and steal a bid, the conference tournament has no bearing on your seeding.

Auburn entered the SEC as a boarderline 4/5 seed. They beat three NCAA tourney Teams (South Carolina, Miss. State and Florida) to win the SEC tourney and they are the lowest rated 4 seed in the tourney. No change at all. Got to beat the top seeds anyway if you want to advance so the seeding isn’t as important to me as the impression that is given that the tournaments impact seeding at all. They simply don’t.

Seems hit-or-miss. Wasn’t A&M an 8 or 9? They came into the weekend as a solid “Last Four In” or “Last Four Byes” it appeared.

Which makes you wonder if the pundits saying the were last 4 in or last 4 byes were missing something. It looks like the committee is really a fan of the quad system. A&M had a 7 & 7 quad 1 and 6-3 Quad 2. The problem I have with the quad system is the numbers are arbitrary.

The ding on Auburn was their poor Q1 3-7. They were on the unlucky end of the rankings. They had a a home win against #31 (Q1 is top 30) and a nutral win against #51 (Q1 is 50). So very close to being 5-7. Auburn had no losses outside of Q1

$2 million to the ACC for each tournament game NCSt plays.

That was an embarrassing performance by UVa.

The dude in the shirt that said UVa basketball is Iowa football was absolutely right.

1 Like

Virginia normally plays better defense than Iowa football.

My bracket is fucked.

BYU loses to Duquesne. Du-fucking-quesne. After all the hype, a sad trombone ending to the Blue Cougar season.

#2 Arizona TCB vs Long Beach State. 85-65.

Morehead State hung with Illinois for over a half, then a 33-10 run happened

I approve of this post.

Go Cats.

Did Virginia secretly take over CSU’s team?

Oregon beats S. Carolina in the second #11 vs #6 upset.

#6 Texas Tech faces #11 N.C. State later tonight, so that’s enough of that.

14 seeded Oakland leads 3 seeded Kentucky 38 - 35 at the half.

Oak has a guy who’s come off the bench to go 9-16 from 3

An ugly game, but a win is a win. Survive and advance.

1 Like

Beats the hell out of losing pretty.

If you would have told me both Disu and Abmas shot terribly and Texas would win by 12, I would have thought you were crazy.

2 Likes

What if I told you they gave up 11 points in the 1st half and were only up 6 several times late?

3 Likes