College Basketball 2023 - 2024

Absolutely! I forgot him, and he was a true center and low post player.

Not a big man at all, but Brandy Perryman is the random player that always comes to mind for me. If he touched the ball past half court the entire Drum would yell “shoot!”

1 Like

It just said “big men,” so I wasn’t sure. And “legit” leaves a lot to interpret as well, I guess. Does that mean All Conference? All American? Multi-year starter?

You and Jim both mentioned some guys I really liked. There were other less-heralded guys (if you base heraldry on end-of-season awards) like James Thomas, Cam Ridley, Prince Ibeh, and jericho Sims, who played multiple years, started a lot of games, and were valuable contributors (some more defensive-minded).

1 Like

Absolutely! If you’re of that era (as I am, too), not sure how you could not be a fan of Perryman. I want to say it was against Tech, maybe, where he hit a couple of big threes down the stretch from the logos.

Wayman Tisdale

Am I missing something here?

Somebody is, but I think Lefty threw his net a little too far north.

1 Like

Wayman was the best bass player of all those basketball players.

And musician.

I said bass, not banjo.

Something does suck that net northward.

Ask an Okie why it’s always windy in Oklahoma and they’ll say, “Texas blows and Kansas sucks.”

I always like, “why doesn’t Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico? Because Oklahoma sucks.”

4 Likes

Fajitas…you’re missing fajitas

The Cougars of Houston take down the Wildcats of Manhattan 74-52.

1 Like

Texas back to looking like shit again. After watching the Houston game, it’s hard to watch this Texas defense. They give up a crapload of uncontested inside gimmes.

Houston is rapidly becoming the most difficult road game in the Big XII.

This UH defense is just insane. In metrics based ratings. The distance between #1 UH and the #2 team is the same in #2 and #32. UH isn’t as talented this year as they were the last couple years but their D this season just plays incredibly well together.

BYU up by 3 over UT at the half. Oklahoma leads Tech by 1 at the half.

If the Coogs are shooting well, nobody can beat them. If they don’t shoot well, almost nobody can beat them.

1 Like