Cardinals @ Astros, June 3, 2024

These pretzels are making me thirsty

That eighth inning was like the Astros of the previous seven years. Now, they need to make that a turning point for the season and go on a long winning streak.

2 Likes

We need to match up against Marmol more often, and we need to send HH to bed earlier.

2 Likes

McCormick needs to start letting the ball travel and using his opposite field approach again. Also, he needs to rediscover his strike zone judgment and stop swinging at sliders and sweepers low and away, just like Peña and Diaz.

1 Like

Romero has been really fucking good this year. I’m just happy the Astros finally got to a good bullpen arm for once this season. The Cardinals also used their bullpen for six innings last night in a win at Philadelphia, so that didn’t hurt.

1 Like

Nice Marmol

No someone report Tucker is going to be ok minus a day off that he probably needed anyhow!

2 Likes

He has been great but Marmol left him in too long tonight, especially considering he pitched the previous night.

1 Like

I agree. The Cardinals bullpen was taxed after having to cover so many innings last night and Marmol left in Romero too long as a result. It was nice to see the Astros take advantage.

1 Like

Sounds simple.

Subject change: UT v. Stanford softball was a great game. The run scored when the Stanford 3B violated the basic rundown rule-never chase the runner to the next base. She was late getting ball to the C, and the tag on a great slide was late. The UT pitcher v. Stanford in the CWS was 14 IP, 2 H, 0 R.

1 Like

I second both of those!

1 Like