Broadcast

No it didnt. It wss.just a few years ago. 30.years? Did you fall.on your head?

The Astros owners sold rights to Comcast, who sold to AT&T, who then did something else. Bottom line is that the Astros wanted more and more. Then, tbey black out home games that are broadcast for free, over a 100 miles out.

Bullshit. I $0 for tv, $0 for MLB.tv and I watch whatever I want whenever I want. Why the fuck would I want to pay Fox News and OAN and god knows what other lunatics every month? Fuck off, Rupert. You too, Manfred.

3 Likes

I get MLB.tv for free with my cell plan, and pay 5 bucks a month for a VPN.

Pretty easy.

2 Likes

His name is Hudson.

1 Like

The games were on HSE network, then went to a Fox RSN in the early 90s. Itā€™s been bounced around with different RSNs over the last few decades, but they havenā€™t been on regular OTA TV in a very long time.

I think I pay $3 a year. So I guess I was wrong, I do pay for tv. My monthly out of pocket stands at twenty five cents.

1 Like

Olā€™ Chucky Moneybags they call him.

The Astros were on FoxSports and in 2003 (20 years ago) the Astros partnered with the Rockets to start their own RSN on Comcast. That failed and they went to ATT

And no, they donā€™t black out games over 100 miles out. MLB blackout rules are based on broadcast territory, not proximity to the stadium. This isnā€™t the NFL. If the game is available in the broadcast area, itā€™s available, whether you live next door to MMP or in Lubbock. If you donā€™t get it, itā€™s because your local provider decided to not show it to you, not because of anything the Astros decide.

1 Like

To the OP:

Direct TV gets you every Astros game that ATT Net carries.

And you can stream to most mobile devices.

If you have T Mobile for your phone they give a free subscription to MLBTV to their customers. Blackout restrictions do apply here.

And we donā€™t really know if ā€œchuckā€ is even his real name. He may have been born ā€œWashington Aloysius McGrimmā€ for all we know. Heā€™s a mysterious character.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget that he wears a monocle.

1 Like

International man of mystery, owner of several known aliases, high powered vpn user, free streamer.

2 Likes

And also the Duke of Earl.

1 Like

Iā€™m Henary the Eighth I am, Henary the Eighth I am I am

That reminds me, what the hell has that slacker Limey been doing lately? I havenā€™t heard any news about the third and fourth floors heā€™s adding to his townhouse. Youā€™d think theyā€™d be nice and framed in by now.

2 Likes

Heā€™s waiting for the construction robots that he ordered. Then heā€™ll have to program them. That shit isnā€™t easy.

1 Like

Shit, I thought he already had the robots built and programmed. See what I mean about not getting timely updates? Annoying.

1 Like

Fubo TV is similar to paying for cable monthly from Xfinity, DirectTV, etc. Thatā€™s not $75 per month for Astrosā€™ games only. Itā€™s $75 for the entire list of channels they offer, which includes AT&T Sportsnet, who broadcasts most Astrosā€™ games.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US

2 Likes

They were on Fox sports which was part of every cable or satellite provider at no extra charge. I dont know about local TV