Astros @ White Sox, June 18, 2024

We suck again!

Not having Kyle and Yordan doesn’t help, but ultimately this is who this team is, a team that gets 26 out shut out by a guy pitching for the third time in his life.

Tear this shit down to the studs. I will be fascinated to see what Crane does. I can’t imagine he’ll capitulate, but who knows, I am wrong more than occasionally.

1 Like

Congratulations to Cannon. Hell of an accomplishment just to pitch at this level let alone shut out what is allegedly a MLB team for your first career win.

Without taking away from that, the Astros are pretty fucking terrible. I’m going to continue drinking.

Here’s the Scorecard for last night:

Umpire Scorecard

Interestingly, Derek Thomas, last night’s HPU, is in the top 5 for accuracy this season, and by all accounts generally has a really good command of the zone.

He had a significant number of awful misses last night, mostly pitches in the zone he called balls.

Did you see the missed checked swing call in the Dodgers-Rockies game last night? Hernandez checked his swing or didn’t on a 2-2 count with two outs in the top of the 9th, trailing by a run. 1B ump ruled it a checked swing, next pitch went out of the park for a 3-run homer, and the Dodgers closed it out for the win. The Rockies were a bit perturbed.

There are exactly 5 teams in the majors worse than the Astros. This season cannot be salvaged, and if anyone in management thinks it can, they are deluding themselves.

2 Likes

I did, and it was awful.

There was no way that wasn’t a swing, and the Rockies had a definite beef about it.