Astros @ Twins, May 11 2022

What is the rain delay rule in MLB?

In the 2020 MLB season, a new rain delay rule was introduced. If there rain impacts a game before it is deemed “official” by the umpires, the game is not rained out. Instead, the game is suspended and all statistics recorded in the game still count

It’s a permanent change now. No more 5 inning “official games”

Game suspended. Will resume tomorrow at 12:10

Angels lose in 10.

The game is still “official” after five innings, and if the home team is winning when the game is called, the results are final. That part has not changed. What has changed are games that are called before becoming “official”. Previously, prior to five innings was “no game”, and the game was started over. Now, they become suspended games and are picked up where they left off.

2 Likes

that makes me feel good.

So happy I’m not staying up for play to resume.

2 Likes

I wonder if my ticket for tomorrow gets me in for the conclusion of this game and the originally scheduled one.

Thanks for the correction, I misread whatever article I was reading.

I imagine you will be able to enter at some point because the second game is scheduled to start 30 minutes after the completion of the first game.

You’re good to go, from their website:

Fans holding tickets for Thursday’s originally scheduled 12:10 p.m. game will receive admission to both the resumption of the suspended game and the originally scheduled game.

Thursday ticket holders are fine. If you had tickets last night, I hope you got your money’s worth.

If you’re not a local this doesn’t help much, but:

Single-game buyers holding tickets purchased directly from the Twins for tonight’s (Wednesday, May 11) suspended game will receive credit within 72 hours, which can be used for a future 2022 regular season home game. Fans holding tickets that have been purchased through a secondary ticket reseller must consult that reseller for ticket information.

Interesting to start with a one-inning guy. I wonder if they are going to let him go more.

Maybe it’s a match up thing? Where in the lineup are the Twins in the fourth?

4-5-6

Abreu hasn’t pitched since the 7th and has gone 1.2 3 times this year. I’d imagine they’re hoping for 2 out of him.

Throw strikes!!

I would say the bullpen actually NEEDS work.

Taylor is the only one to pitch in the last 3 days

No one has pitched more than once since 5/5.

Neris has pitched 4 times this month but only once since 5th

Stanek, Montero, and Maton have pitched 3 times but all have at least 4 days rest.

The rest have all pitched only twice this month.

Good problem to have

Machete strikes out to start todays action.

Which is all recorded as though it took place yesterday. So we are all living in the past.