Astros @ Royals, August 19, 2021

Well, at least Garcia is getting the wide zone, too.

1 Like

They still won’t be met

1 Like

Strong inning from Garcia.

The really concerning part of this road trip is that the lineup-wide slumps seem to get worse as the season goes on.

The Royals pitching is fucking putrid, and the Astros are struggling to score more than 2 runs a game.

That’s why it’s important that you get Wilson as many ABs as possible.

1 Like

They hit 9 singles last night.

Brantley smoked a ball into a dp.

Yordan gave 2 a ride to left.

Tying run was gunned down at the plate (maybe).

Intellectually I know they were close.

But also Intellectually that means jack squat.

And emotionally they feel miles away from where they need to be.

Not a bad idea, just bunted way too hard.

Monday they had 12 hits and scored 6 runs. That has to win. Every. Single Time. It’s not simply been offense.

3 Likes

The seeming complete lack of emotion/interest is really the part that worries me the most.

I get that not every at bat by every player is going to be a great one, but just going up and taking fat pitches then swinging wildly at balls in the other batters box for days at a time is a real problem.

Altuve bunt attempt unsuccessful 3U, Yuli 6-3, Alvarez 1-3

Bagwell’s mantra: grind.

They should look into it.

With today’s lineup, you only get four or five innings to try to score. They’ve wasted two of those already.

Agreed. There is a lot of competition for the five American League playoff spots, and it’s infuriating that it seems like many of the Astros are simply going through the motions against a team they should beat.

FIFY

1 Like

Get ahead, lose the zone.

Leadoff walk.

Ball was over his head.

Luis… WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!

2 Likes

Garcia bounces ANOTHER breaking ball.

Runner advances.

The players look listless and disinterested. Playing baseball for millions can’t suck that bad.

That’s what Castro is asking him.