Astros @ Red Socks, May 16, 2022

HH, you’re our rules guy… would the reliever still get unlimited warm up pitches for the next inning?

Cool no rush

What the hell happened? That poor guy is cursed.

Hmmm…good question. I don’t think so, as it’s between innings. But I’ll have to look it up.

Wild ass guess? That’s an ACL tear as he turned on it.

Oh, man. He starts pitching well, now this.

3 Likes

That was awful, something popped knee or hammy. Really sucks.

That’s my fear, too.

That would be my guess too. Horrible luck for him as he’s been pitching great. Hope for the best. Get well Jake!

1 Like

On the other hand, I’m astounded that Altuve didn’t break seven bones in his hand when he was hit today. I was absolutely amazed that he stayed in the game.

It becomes a tough question for Click… the 6 man rotation has worked so well, do you call up a starter or a reliever?

Oh lovely, now it’s raining.

Martinez to the pen, Javier full time starter. Does that do it?

1 Like

I would think so. But they could call up someone like Bielak and stay 6 man.

So the rule book says that if a reliever is summoned due to an emergency and hasn’t had time to warm up, he gets as many warm up pitches as the umpire in chief deems sufficient. Given this was at the end of the inning, probably hard to make that argument, and the reliever would be limited to the normal number. But it’s never “unlimited”. He usually gets as many as he needs, within reason, but it’s ultimately up to the umpire’s judgement.

Boo to Bielak, imo.

T6:

Brantley with a rule book double, followed by walks to Bregman and Alvarez

Bases loaded, nobody out for Gurriel

Yuli hacking, quickly down 0-2…flies out F8 as Brantley scores and Bregman to 3B on the sac fly.

T6:

Tucker, runners on the corners, flies to shallow LF on the first pitch