Astros @ Rangers, September 5, 2023

It looked like he was sure it was a slider that was going to break away, and when it darted in he was toast. It was wonderful to see.

1 Like

No kidding. It was middle in when he swung, and it almost hit him in the knee.

That pitch was pure filth, Coach/Jim!
Loved it.

1 Like

Yes it was!

1 Like

Once again, ‘standings’ are who is first place right now.

Don’t know why you can’t accept that, right now, Houston has the American West lead

And I NEVER said I did not know baseball, just allowed that some EXTRANEOUS details don’t get my full attention.

Between us, I think Houston makes this moot by losing fewer games than Seattle from now to the end of the season, but seriously, get some anger management.

1 Like

Houston’s elimination number is 24, and Seattle has 24 games left, so Seattle is in control of its own destiny.

Seattle’s elimination number is 23, but Houston only has 22 games left. Of course, three are against Seattle, which means Houston is also in control of its own destiny.

Let’s just win tonight.

3 Likes

Houston can’t win the division unless Seattle loses another game.

It can’t happen because they play each other 3 more times, but if each team won every remaining game, the Mariners would be division champs.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP

3 Likes
3 Likes

Within his last 7 games, Jose Altuve has hit for the cycle and has homered in 4 consecutive at-bats. The only other player in MLB history to accomplish both feats in the same season was Jimmie Foxx during his 1933 Triple Crown year.

https://twitter.com/OptaSTATS/status/1699313243817128275

1 Like

Dad born '39. Past 2 years ago. Always talked about Foxx. Neighbor gave us Paul waner signed bat. In workshop.

This team scares me. I believe we have all we need. We have been through injuries. We just have to roll the dice and 7 or 11. Never played dice

A good read…

“The Astros have played like a team that smells yet another division title; the Rangers have played like a team, well, searching for wherever that smell came from.”

1 Like