Astros @ Mariners, May 7, 2023

Abreu fouled multiple fastballs, which qualifies as an amazing AB for him.

Itā€™s hard when you are now missing half of your six-man rotation.

Merely getting to the majors is a monumental achievement.

See Drew Maggi.

2 Likes

That should not be the reason Bregman and Abreu have been garbage.

So, the owner?

I was only speaking about Bielak being thrust into the starting rotation.

The offense is a separate issue, and, yes, Bregman and Abreu need to figure themselves out, soon.

I completely agree, and Iā€™m not trying to slag Bielak, who Iā€™m sure has worked incredibly hard. But it seems pretty clear that heā€™s not going to solve our startling pitching problem.

ETA: I see that I have a typo there, but, frankly, ā€œstartlingā€ is probably just as good as ā€œstartingā€.

1 Like

Oohhhā€¦Machete and Caballero into itā€¦benches clear

Damn Iā€™m in a car and on the phone. Whatā€™s the beef?

I had high hopes for Abreu. If the Astros were determined to let Yuli go and sign a free agent, he was the guy I wanted. Those hopes have vanished. And my wishful thinking that he would soon turn it around have now turned into the reality that maybe he just sucks. I donā€™t know what happened to him but right now he is a terrible player and is holding the team back. At this point I think if he somehow found himself with a .250 average and a 10 HR season it would be an overachievement.

Caballero got in Macheteā€™s face.

Caballero called timeout late the previous pitch. He got it, though he shouldnā€™t have. Servais bitched about. Caballero swung and missed the next pitch the got in Maldyā€™s face.

And now the umpires have issued a warning.

I hope someone kicks Servais squarely in the nuts, and thatā€™s only partially because Iā€™m in a super foul mood.

1 Like

Fucking Putas del Mar sure a bunch of red ass motherfuckers.

3 Likes

The Marinersā€™ douchebag attitude starts with him.

The Mā€™s are a bunch of whiny bitches, and I wish we would play like a major league team and put them in their place.

4 Likes

WTF Bregman?

Wow, this is bad.