Astros @ Mariners, May 29, 2024

As good as Pena is at SS, he sure lets a lot of throws from catcher get into CF

2 Likes

Looking forward to finding out how the Astros can’t drive in a run from 2nd with no outs this time.

1 Like

Will this team ever sacrifice the Manfred Man to 3rd? I don’t understand the reluctance to do so.

Pop out, fly out, ground out. Easy as you like

Well DubĂłn got to play at least so I hope everyone is happy now.

The numbers say eventually someone will drive one in.

To hell with baseball sense!

Absolutely fucking pathetic.

Fuck this fucking team.

Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

I wonder if they paid attention to how Seattle did that.

Burn this shit down, man, this team is a joke from the top down.

1 Like

Wow.
This team is fucking lousy.
(I realize I’m stating the obvious).

They have scored a grand total of 5 runs in 3 games that they desperately need

If one more person tells me how good the Astros’ offense is based on their metrics for the entire season, I’ll puke.

The Astros have allowed 9 runs in these three games and lost all three.

Also, can someone tell Joe Espada that his best lineup has Jeremy Pena batting second, Alvarez batting fourth and Bregman nowhere near the heart of the order?

3 Likes

Hey Dana Brown played the game! Put your slide rule away, tough guy.

1 Like

We agree that Joe Espada is not good at his job, but too many of this vaunted fucking lineup who are getting paid huge salaries have been lousy this year.

1 Like

2 straight games with a man on 3rd less than 2 outs and not a fucking score.
Putrid.

Dana Brown is an issue, but Joe Espada is the biggest one. His lineup constructions and in-game feel just leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Of course. Alex Bregman doing whatever he can to sabotage his next contract is killing this offense, for example. Yordan’s inconsistency and Yainer’s sophomore slump isn’t helping, either.

That said, a pitcher currently looks at this lineup after Yordan Alvarez and licks their chops. Peña is having a nice bounceback season, but he’s not a cleanup hitter.

Pitching wise, it’s not Espada’s fault that the bullpen has blown so many leads. But, it his fault that he continues to think Ryan Pressly is the same guy he was last season and uses him in that manner.

1 Like

Espada is a disaster and should be fired immediately. But as many have pointed out, he is not directly responsible for no production from the corner infielders, Yordan’s inexplicably going awol, Altuve losing 60 points of batting average in a month, Yainer regressing, the insane injuries to the starting pitching and the back end of the bullpen being a total liability.

Dana Brown is a symptom of a terminal disease.

1 Like

I never said Espada is directly responsible for the players not getting the job done. Say what you want about Alex Bregman, but there was no reason to think he would be this bad offensively. There was no reason to think Yordan Alvarez would be as inconsistent as he has been. Hader, Pressly and Abreu blowing so many leads, etc. That falls on them.

I will say I don’t always think Espada sets the team up for success.