Astros @ Mariners, May 28, 2024

It will be appropriate for Stanek to close us out.

Heā€™s too expensive for our team.

The rest of us feel the same way, Yainer

Pressly in for the bottom of the 8th and strikes out the side! Butā€¦

Haniger doubles to left on a hanging curve. Clase in to run.

Bliss fouls off a couple of bunts, takes 4 non-competitive pitches for a walk with ball 3 being a passed ball that sends Clase to third.

1st and 3rd with no outs.

Crawford - K.

Rojas - doubles to right, tipped off Abreuā€™s glove. Clase scores. Bliss to third, Rojas on 2nd.

Rodriguez dribbles one down third base line, Bregman throws it away to first. Bliss and Rojas score. Rodiguez to 2nd.

Raleigh Ks.

Raley - Ks.

End 8, Astros down 2-4.

Fucking Christ I hate this fucking team so much.

3 Likes

Problem is that I donā€™t hate them. But, man, theyā€™re hurting me.

Iā€™ve watched maybe 8 games this whole season.

Even keeping up with the game zone is physically painful.

Thatā€™s the dumbest StroPoll result of all time

Presslyā€™s meltdown doesnā€™t absolve this shitty offense either

1 Like

Most of the ship has been righted over the last month but Pressly just continues to blow holes in the side of the fucking thing

Cut the ā€œone of the best offenses in baseballā€ bullshit.

2 Likes

Fuck this game, fuck today

1 Like

Fucking despicable

Top 9.

Stanek pitching.

Bregman Ks.

Meyers Ks.

Singleton F7.

Ballgame 4-2 Seattle. Ugh.

Stanek made that look too easy. Espada needs fired yesterday.

There is zero chance they re-sign Tucker. They need to move him and anyone else breathing not under club control.

Iā€™m watching the Space Cowboys right now and I know what their record is but holy fuck they have no major league talent apart from Loperfido who for some reason isnā€™t playing. Maybe give him a rest from all the not playing in Houston.

The Astros have two exceptional relievers who get mop up duty and one who is reliably erratic who gets the 8th. This team just canā€™t get out of its own way.

2 Likes

At least the Astros didnā€™t get the door slammed on them by a guy they let walk for basically no money.

Eh? Oh.

3 Likes

I mean itā€™s not like the Astros would use him in a high leverage spot anyway. The guy just went out and pitched to like a 2 ERA and the Astros went ā€œeh we might use him in a 5 run game or if literally every other pitcher is unavailableā€

2 Likes

The way the team handled pitching over the off-season was borderline criminal Hader or no.

Trey Cabbage has four strikeouts and counting. I remember one very slight foul tip, otherwise itā€™s swing and miss or Ensberg. This guy was on the major league team not that long ago.

1 Like

I have watched probably 90% of the games but lately Iā€™ve chosen to not watch and just check out game zone and game cast periodically because itā€™s less painful than actually watching relief pitching with melt down after melt down and/or leaving a man on third with less than 1 out.

2 Likes