Astros @ Mariners July 28

And now a walk to Toro. Bases juiced, Strom with a visit but It’s still Javier’s mess to clean up.

Fuck.

1 Like

Fuck, from 0-2 to a walk. 9-4

Throw. Strikes. You. Numbnut. Relivers.

2 Likes

Maddening. So many not close pitches; got squeezed on others

1 Like

Could have been worse.

Abreu cleans it up. I figured if he could throw a slider for a strike, that guy was going to take it.

Sigh of relief. 9-4 still

This team has enormous bullpen issues.

1 Like

The bullpen has great arms. The challenge is consistent strike-throwing.

Throwing strikes should not be something that’s difficult for these guys. Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Not all that easy. Mechanics are a part of it.

I understand that. Hence my declarative. Putting men on base is an enormous problem for guys who are trying to do the opposite.

No doubt. Strom must say a million words to Javier and Abreu. Both of those guys are high quality.

1 Like

Thank you, Kyle!

Correa, full count, walk
Tucker, from 0-2 to a bomb to left.

11-4

1 Like

I didn’t think that one or Yuli’s had any sort of chance off the bat. They both looked like cans of corn.

I wonder if part of Javier’s issue is his usage as a reliever. Baker uses him similar to a long reliever, where he may pitch multiple innings once every four or five days.

Why would that matter? I think his issue is mechanical. He does not keep his left shoulder closed long enough consistently. He flies open, and his arm is lagging behind his body a lot.

1 Like

Diaz is a joy to watch. So glad he is back. I bet his return gave the locker room a big boost.

3 Likes

Will Graveman pitch the 9th?