Astros Hall of Fame

I still have the Ernie Banks bat. If I recall correctly, the Eddie Matthews bat got worn out on the sandlot.

A++🐿️

If Wagner and Kent eventually get in, that '03 Astros team will have had 4 HOFers on it.

I’m not certain but I believe the '27 Philadelphia Athletics hold the record with 7 HOFers (Cobb, Foxx, Grove, Simmons, Collins, Wheat and Cochrane).

Also the Athletics were managed by Connie Mack.

I was very interested in this bit of baseball history so I asked Google about it. The answer was the 1928 and 1930-33 NYY had 9. I did not look up who they were.

ETA: Tris Speaker replaced Wheat on the 1928 As so that team also had 7.

If Clemens, Kent and Beltran eventually get in, '04 will have had 5.

If Alvarez, Peña, Machete, Tucker, Altuve, Bregman, Valdez, Stanek, Montero & Hensley get in, 2022will have had 10.

Subjunctively yours, …

1 Like

Imagine THAT HOF ceremony

1 Like

Made me look…

In 1928 they had

Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Tony Lazzeri
Bill Dickey
Earle Combs
Stan Coveleski
Herb Pennock
Waite Hoyt
Leo Durocher (though he was elected to the HOF as a manager)
Managed by HOFer Miller Huggins

By 1933 they had lost Hoyt, Coveleski and Durocher, but picked up Lefty Gomez, Red Ruffing, and Joe Sewell.

Those ‘30-‘33 teams had HOFers at six of their eight starting fielders and three of their four starting pitchers.

1 Like

Wow.

No wonder they won the pennant, eh?

The 1996-97 Braves have five (Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Jones, and McGriff) and if Andruw Jones eventually gets in, it’ll make six.

Good thing the Astros were not in the league then. The Yanks would have lost again.

8 Likes

“Nine Hall of Famers, but it was windy that day! The sun was in my eyes!…took a bad hop!…”

1 Like

The damn roof

2 Likes

Buzzers

1 Like

They called them bees back then.

3 Likes

Which was the style at the time.

1 Like