Astros @ ChiSox, May 12, 2023

It wasn’t a cheap one

What actually happened with the Kopech / warning situation?

Kopech started towards the Astros bench jawing. They came out and warned France.

JP might want to stop falling behind hitters

End of two…1-0 Sox

Heard a stat in a Mets game the other day that they were tied with several other teams very low down in the ranks for falling behind in games. That they had only jumped out to a lead 15 times. I thought surely we’re worse or tied, right?

Seems like the Astros are always behind, but I don’t know the stats

Meyers hit by a pitch

Look, Arby’s. I’m generally cool with your “we have the meats” stuff. You’re fairly inoffensive fast food.

But you can fuck right off with your “real bbq” bullshit.

1 Like

The White Sox are dreadful, and losing 2 of 3 to them this weekend is going to be embarrassing.

1 Like

The other day the kids got in the car just as Robert Smith was doing a particularly Robert Smithy warble.

The looks on their faces was hilarious. I asked them what they thought, the 15 year old just said “that’s terrible”.

As soon as I got home I texted the story to one of my buddies who loves The Cure almost as much as I love ridiculing him about it.

1 Like

Kopech looks strangely different from how
he used to look.

Wegner is just flipping a coin

Me and my friends growing up used to enjoy pretending that in all the world you were either a Robert Smith or a Harrison Ford. Those were the only options.

Wegner was the doofus with the postage stamp zone last week.

They’re not wrong. I love The Cure, but Smith’s voice is…

Dubon walks…two on, one out for Bregman…

I appreciated Dubon’s slight hesitation on the obvious 3-1 ball.

And Bregman pops up again…IFF rule

Freaking cookie… popped up.