Astros @ Bronx Bastards, May 7, 2024

I don’t. He’s completely fucked up management of this team. They haven’t played well, but he’s set them up for failure.

2 Likes

I do not believe that was 100% Espada’s idea.

He may have agreed with it or thought it was a great plan, and I know he was the one who announced it, but the analytics guys crunched numbers and advocated for it.

Nothing happens without input from that part of the organization, and it’s been that way for years.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but as I’ve said on numerous occasions, Joe Espada needs to stop being such a slave to analytics. A good manager combines analytics and feel to get the most out of his team.

Curious from those of you in the know…

I get that a change in the lineup can affect a player. But can it really make a superstar become a useless pos? I don’t think so.

This is on Yordan. This is on both Abreu’s. This is on Bregman. This is on Brown. This is on Hader and Presley.

Espada was handed an all star lineup and they have performed like a spoiled heap of mayonnaise.

1 Like

I just wish someone would crunch the numbers on a .200-ish hitter batting behind Yordan.

Agree.

Player performance accounts for problems 1 thru 10.

That’s not entirely independent of him mixing in a cup of rancid bacon grease and putting it in the trunk of his car for a week.

2 Likes

Dusty Baker knew what he was doing. Joe is finding his way. Not many managers could deal with the pitching injuries, the bullpen shitshow and so many hitters falling off a cliff. Joe may get David Culley’d before he can figure it out, though.

Bacon.

Sorry but what you said was lost. I like everything bacon.

If you let bacon grease go rancid you have a whole host of problems.

When he punts on third down, that’ll be the end of him.

Cabbage with a 2-run knock, after a game extending TE6

Part of the bullpen shit show falls on Espada. I understand the Astros haven’t had that many late inning leads to protect. But, your high-leverage relievers need consistent work. Instead, Espada has them going four or five days between outings at times.

I don’t understand the harm of trying a lineup like

2B Altuve
SS Peña
LF/DH Alvarez
RF Tucker
C Diaz
1B Singleton
3B Bregman
DH/LF Loperfido
CF Meyers/Dubon/Santa Claus

for a couple of weeks to see what happens. It’s not like we’re trying not to break up a lineup that’s working.

4 Likes

Cabbage is an RBI machine.

Mercifully this game ends. 10-3

It’s certainly a problem. Much like how Jeremy Peña saw nothing to hit with Martin Maldonado hitting behind him last season. Protection matters in a lineup.

With respect, I have a hard time with this.

We are all hired to do a job. The “three best relievers of all time” haven’t done their job. They’re professionals and can cope with a few extra days rest.

Idk wtf is going on.

Altuve
Peña
Tucker
Diaz
Alvarez
Dubón
Singleton
Bregman
Loperfido

3 Likes

The season from hell.