Astros @ Blue Jays, July 3, 2024

Wherever King came from, thank you.

5 Likes

One down

Two down as Bichette swings at a pitch that hits him in arm

Rule 5 minor league draft from the Cubs after the 2022 season. He didnā€™t play 2023, I think he was recovering from arm surgery.

1 Like

Winner!

3 Likes

Montero! Long a favorite of mine. Not always easy, either.

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting to not hate this season.

9 Likes

First place at All-Star Break.

Source: Trust me bro

2 Likes

I am going to put my boot right up your ass if the Astros get cold again in the near future.

7 Likes

No way brother. Theyā€™re locked in. I donā€™t have that much juju

Doesnā€™t matter how much juju you have or donā€™t have. Some things you donā€™t say and just keep to yourself.

Also, baseball is a funny game. The Astros were 33-40 before this 11-2 stretch and 7-19 at one point this season. As quickly as they got hot, it can turn the other direction just as fast.

Missed that memo at sign up. Iā€™ve said as far back as the Mexico City series with the Rockies they would be in 1st by ASB even before joining the board. :man_shrugging:t3: Rather than be superstitious just be happy theyā€™ve gotten hot at the right time while Seattle has gotten ice cold.

Funny thing is. . .

The Astros plucked him off waivers after James Click was dismissed but before hiring Dana Brown.

Somebody earned their money.

Edit: baseball reference lists it as a waiver claim, MLB.COM has it as 2nd rd of minor league phase of rule 5 draft.

2 Likes

Joined June 19 and already an expert. Impressive.

RMPL

I appreciate your confidence in the team, as Iā€™m a confident person by nature, too. Also, Iā€™ll never count this group of core Astros out. However, being superstitious has been part every baseball dugout Iā€™ve been in since I started playing the game as a young child, and I have my baseball superstitions.

You could have said its remarkable the Astros have a chance to be in first place by the All Star Break after how poorly the season started, and nobody here would have jumped down your throat.

I donā€™t see any claim Iā€™m an expert. Hope that clears it up for you.

Fair enough. I am confident in the team as anyone. I guess my superstitions only run on a game to game basis. Either way. Letā€™s go Astros.

1 Like

Itā€™s always outside.

1 Like

Right?

Thereā€™s about 3 or 4 bullpen guys that I couldnā€™t pick out of a lineup, and theyā€™re all good

Welp, thereā€™s your problemā€”youā€™re looking in the lineup for a bullpen guy.

Espadaā€™s done some odd things, but I havenā€™t seen him try that one yet.

2 Likes