Astros @ Blue Jays, July 3, 2024

Two down as Bichette swings at a pitch that hits him in arm

Rule 5 minor league draft from the Cubs after the 2022 season. He didn’t play 2023, I think he was recovering from arm surgery.

1 Like

Winner!

3 Likes

Montero! Long a favorite of mine. Not always easy, either.

2 Likes

I’m starting to not hate this season.

9 Likes

First place at All-Star Break.

Source: Trust me bro

2 Likes

I am going to put my boot right up your ass if the Astros get cold again in the near future.

7 Likes

No way brother. They’re locked in. I don’t have that much juju

Doesn’t matter how much juju you have or don’t have. Some things you don’t say and just keep to yourself.

Also, baseball is a funny game. The Astros were 33-40 before this 11-2 stretch and 7-19 at one point this season. As quickly as they got hot, it can turn the other direction just as fast.

Missed that memo at sign up. I’ve said as far back as the Mexico City series with the Rockies they would be in 1st by ASB even before joining the board. :man_shrugging:t3: Rather than be superstitious just be happy they’ve gotten hot at the right time while Seattle has gotten ice cold.

Funny thing is. . .

The Astros plucked him off waivers after James Click was dismissed but before hiring Dana Brown.

Somebody earned their money.

Edit: baseball reference lists it as a waiver claim, MLB.COM has it as 2nd rd of minor league phase of rule 5 draft.

2 Likes

Joined June 19 and already an expert. Impressive.

RMPL

I appreciate your confidence in the team, as I’m a confident person by nature, too. Also, I’ll never count this group of core Astros out. However, being superstitious has been part every baseball dugout I’ve been in since I started playing the game as a young child, and I have my baseball superstitions.

You could have said its remarkable the Astros have a chance to be in first place by the All Star Break after how poorly the season started, and nobody here would have jumped down your throat.

I don’t see any claim I’m an expert. Hope that clears it up for you.

Fair enough. I am confident in the team as anyone. I guess my superstitions only run on a game to game basis. Either way. Let’s go Astros.

1 Like

It’s always outside.

1 Like

Right?

There’s about 3 or 4 bullpen guys that I couldn’t pick out of a lineup, and they’re all good

Welp, there’s your problem—you’re looking in the lineup for a bullpen guy.

Espada’s done some odd things, but I haven’t seen him try that one yet.

2 Likes

King
Contreras
Kuhnel
Suero
Henley
Diaz
Coleman
Speas

I have no idea who these people are.

1 Like

Does that help?

More detail on King, Contreras and others was posted (in the right thread) by Cabrera: 2024 Roster - #1452 by Idstrosfan