Astros @ Athletics, September 26, 2026 Nut Cuttin’ Time

Altuve works a leadoff walk including a successful challenge.

Ok, like a cocktail. My son lives in Amsterdam and whenever he visits he brings a bottle or two of wynand fockink superior jenever. Pretty good stuff, the only gin I will drink without a mixer. I hope I’m not reaching for it this morning.

And Altuve immediately caught stealing

Altuve ran like Vazquez on that steal attempt

He and the Astros are a match made in heaven, and not just because of his Daikin-optimized swing.

1 Like

Middle of four…3-0 Astros

Yeah, cocktails. Not sure I can drink gin straight unless I had to. Which I might have to before this weekend is over.

Bolte with a leadoff single

I don’t drink anymore, and that’s good for everyone. But when I did, Gin was my favorite to drink out of the bottle.

Pena came real close to getting too casual with that toss

And now drops an easier one

E6 puts two A’s on

4-pitch walk loads the bass with one out

Ha, surprising what you resort to in an emergency, even the wife’s cooking sherry isn’t off limits. Plan is to save the jevever for the Wallabies game this afternoon, but that plan could fall apart if Wesneski keeps walking them

Buckle up, buttercups.

That was such an easy flip…

3-1

Pena got two for them and now trying to give them back

A’s get an unearned run on the Pena error

End of four…3-1 Astros

Running to the bag almost cost the lead out on that attempted dp. I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was challenged. I didn’t see a good replay.

Yordan up, time for Yordan things

1 Like