Astros at ChiSox, 8/15/22

Meyers GIDP to kill another rally

0 for w/RISP

Astros lead 2-0

Weak ass tapper grumble grumble harumph

I think the Meyers experiment should end. Who’s with me?

5 Likes

Before the injury, I remember Meyers as the hot hitting central gardener who could take us places. Did I make that up? I think he is the central gardener for the playoffs, I just wish he’d get his eye.

It’s not really fair, either. He’s been out forever and now in with minimal time at the plate. He seems to be fielding ok at least.

That is one reason why Gurriel is at first and why he needs to stay at first. Bregman gets the credit for the good play but Gurriel bailed him out.

Raises hand.

1 Like

Mancini in left and McCormick in center. I’m good with that for the rest of the season. Would love to see us pick up Marisnick and have him as a backup/late inning fielding replacement to finish the season. Meyers needs to work on some things in AAA.

At the Stretch…2-0 Astros

Chas McCormick should be in CF beginning tomorrow. Myers can go to AAA if he needs to play every day to start hitting. This team has 10 or 12 LF, and Meyers is wasting a roster spot right now.

2 Likes

Why is Cueto wearing a trojan under his cap?

I guess he’s a dick head.

I think that’s right, but Dusty’s likely to give him his at bats here. That’s the way he seems to roll with hitters.

Trojans! Trojans! Hector! Hector!…

1 Like

Abreu with another hit on an 0-2 pitch. Can’t get one by that guy

Grandal HBP…allegedly

Attaboy Urquidy!

Urquidy with his seventh strng inning

2-0

Let’s get some runs boys.

I would sure hate for Yordan to have to run very hard on a ground ball. He wasn’t exactly trying very hard there.

I know that Chuck calls every home run, and AstroJo can order the players around like sheep dogs, but I can’t do nothin’.

1 Like