Astros at Buffalo, 6/5/2021

T3 and the Astros lose a scoring chance when Straw ignores Correak’s signal to slide and runs standing up into the out at home.

Still 0-0, both pitchers very efficient.

1 Like

Fuck you Myles

1 Like

Straw is a moron.

2 Likes

That was my question: Correa told Straw to slide?

Yes

1 Like

Bench him right now.

2 Likes

It was my question as well when it was live. Replay showed it. I don’t think straw was even looking at him.

1 Like

Correa’s signal appeared to be a little late but still pure stupidity by Straw to expect no play on a sharp liner to LF

1 Like

Also Altuve getting thrown out easily at third with no outs in the first was another blunder. Would have been 1st and 2nd and no outs at that point.

2 Likes

I’d rather slide and not need to than do what he did. Just fucking incomprehensible to be that fucking stupid as a big leaguer

3 Likes

I’m with you, he would not be trotting out to CF next inning

2 Likes

This was almost as stupid as Straw’s. He’s mentally oblivious.

Yes, I would have said “Chas, take CF.”

1 Like

What pissed me off about that play was I’m positive he has tried that same play in the past (taking off for third when the third baseman charges in to throw to first) with the same damn result. Out by a mile.

1 Like

Wow, it’s a team wide brain fart.

1 Like

Now yuli forgets how many outs.

1 Like

He sure as hell did tell him to slide.

Hot Rod Charlie is gonna win the Belmont.

Fuck!

That to me, was a risk worth taking, but what got him was the terrible throw from third. It was well off the bag, and Panik caught it on the grass, which shortened his throw back to third.

Ow that got him good.