Astros at Arizona, 9/29/23

I dun told you it was Modelo

I’ll wander over to the Hoover Dam tomorrow if you think it’ll do any good. I sure as hell ain’t eating any Frito Pie.

There are no coincidences. Watch the game there tomorrow.

4 Likes

That’s badass. Good ol’ Charlie.

1 Like

Big props to Jose Urquidy for pitching his best game of the season in arguably the biggest game of the year. Jose Abreu for his clutch swing, and Jeremy Peña with a blue star play to preserve the lead in the eighth inning.

11 Likes

Mike S and I (of deep Austin roots), grew up in Tucson which is in the Grand Canyon State, and the Tucson Toros (RIP) were the Astros’ AAA franchise. We grew up 1.3 miles from Hi Corbett Field where they played and the Astros came to play the Toros each year.

Serendipity…

The Mariners unis tonight are part Pirate and part Brewer. FUGLY

So working the numbers, seems to be a 69% chance Rangers win the division, 19% they get the wild card.

19% chance the Astros win the division, 63% they get the wild card.

13% chance the Mariners win the division, 19% chance they get the wild card.

Adds to more than 100% due to rounding.

My Ranger fan friend should be put on suicide watch

3 Likes

God, I sure hope not. You glue your butt to that recliner and we will Venmo you money to order your frito pie for tomorrow’s game.

6 Likes

The Astros just need to focus on winning tomorrow and Sunday. If they do that, there is nothing Seattle or Texas can do to prevent them from making the playoffs.

3 Likes

Being a stRangers fan is killer!

1 Like

Urquidy got a shit load of fly-outs in his stint tonight.
I’ll take that effort from him.
Well done.

4 Likes

Do you drive a Canyonero?

3 Likes

I’m camping at Yellow Rose Canyon. Coincidence?

1 Like

Nailed it. They can’t do a thing about the Seattle/Arlington games. Focus on winning and let the chips fall where they may.

Starting tomorrow. Win tomorrow and they’re in.

2 Likes

Vintage JV, I hope.

4 Likes

That’s a great JV.

1 Like

You’re right. Thank you for the correction.

1 Like