Astros @ Arlington, September 15, 2021

What the fuck, Altuve?

I guess Altuve wanted to get Yuli another hit.

At the stretch…6-1 Astros

You’re probably right. Jose U. can dominate at times, but Lance has more experience and is having a good year.

Marwin the center of attention this inning.

Tucker!

7-1

Marwin helps this team. I do not know if he makes the final 28 or 26, but he was not a nostalgia signing.

3 Likes

I had all but given up on Tucker being a Major League success. I didn’t think he could hit consistently with his swing. Astros management had a different idea and more patience.

It turns out that I was completely full of shit. One might think that would have a humbling effect…

3 Likes

So the Yankees were trailing 3-2 in the 9th and managed to get a few runners on. The umpires, for no reason I can see at all, ran the Orioles grounds crew off the field (they were hanging out behind the tarp down the RF line). Less than 2 minutes later it starts to pour down rain, and instead of halting the game because it was fucking monsooning, the umps played on and the Yankees won on a 2 RBI pop up that fell just behind the infield grass because the Orioles had their infield in.

1 Like

You seem surprised that everything has been going the Yankees’ way recently.

I am right there with you.

1 Like

I thought the Yankees were just “whistling through the graveyard”. It turns out they were whistling for a whole 'nother reason.

1 Like

“Ball four” to Gardner the other day to bring up Judge as the tying run with 2 outs in the 9th the other day was surprising only because it was so completely unsurprising.

Josh James in to try to close it out…gives up a leadoff double.

Garcia grounds out 6-3

Wild pitch puts runner at 3B

Lowe grounds out 3U as Calhoun scores to make it 7-2

Strikeout ends it

Astros win 7-2!

1 Like

That’s a quality win. Hats off to Urquidy!

After Tucker rounded the bases after his decisive HR in the 5th inning vs the Angels (3-1), Patrick O’Neal (2:04) cited his output (25th HR, 82 RBI) that - as hoped - muted some of the loss of Springer.