Astros @ Arizona, September 30, 2023

Oh, and once again the Astros eliminate Seattle.

Fuck off, Mariners.

6 Likes

HOU needs SEA to win tomorrow for the division, no?

1 Like

Correct, and an Astros win for Houston to win division.

I wouldn’t put it past Servais to lay down like a punk to fuck the Astros.

4 Likes

Astros sit at the #6 seed and would play Minnesota if Postseason started tomorrow. If the Astros win and Texas loses, the Astros and Rangers switch places and Houston becomes the #2 seed and get the first round bye. If the Astros lose tomorrow, they will stay the #6 and play a best of three in Minnesota.

However, if the Astros win, Rangers win, and Toronto loses, Houston “advances” to the #5 seed and has to play a best of three in Tampa Bay.

3 Likes

3 Likes

After 18 innings in Phoenix: J. Abreu 3 DBacks 1.

5 Likes

Jose Abreu has had arguably some of the biggest hits/RBI’s of the year this series. Very happy for him.

1 Like

From Tags:

Astros’ bullpen last nine games:
0.53 ERA
34 innings
17 hits
2 earned runs
14 walks
37 strikeouts
1 HR

2 Likes

A complete game shutout sure would look good on Kirby’s resume, servais be damned!

My fear is the Mariners do no more than mail it in today. I hope the Rangers are very hungover. We may be too, though, and I cringe thinking of what Dusty’s lineup may look like today.

Heard JV on the wireless this morning saying the celebration was pretty subdued, and they are pumped about more work ahead. Not sure that the Mariners will put up much of a fight today, and who knows what Dusty is thinking. But sounds like the players are focused.

1 Like

All 3 games that affect the final AL West/WC postseason status start at ~3:10p ET.

A quick champagne toast in the clubhouse instead of a tarps-and-goggles rager. Pro move. They’ve been there before, and there’s a lot to play for today.

2 Likes

I hope that they have Urquidy penciled in for one of the playoffs starts whenever and wherever they may be.
I will be at the game today. Glad that it won’t be life and death.

4 Likes

Bring home a win!

1 Like

SO damn glad JV is back home.

5 Likes

No, but today does count for a full playoff round.

For those who may wonder if all the bellyaching about the hpu was justified:

1 Like