Astros @ Angels, June 9, 2024

Cabbage is fucking terrible. Why he’s on the team at all is a profound mystery. You can’t do anything else worth a shit, just catch the fucking ball.

1 Like

Sadie is not happy.

Neither am I.

Hader is fine, nobody is perfect. Bad first two weeks but he’s been really fucking good since then. Pressly on the other hand has been been shit all year

7 Likes

Ellie is less happy than normal.

Why keep putting Pressly in with the game close?

George is downright pissed:

6 Likes

Idk if I have ever been more wrong about something as I was about Espada as a manager. I knew he would be an upgrade over Dusty. This team is fucking rutterless because the manager refuses to learn from his fucking mistakes.

2 Likes

Espada thinks 2022 Pressly is going to walk through the door any day now. And he might! But until we see evidence that he did, he needs to be in the Dubin role

2 Likes

There’s a long line of people right there with you including me.

1 Like

George is the 2024 Astros fans’ spirit animal.

5 Likes

Abreu has pitched very well this year. 2.97 era, 49ks in 33 innings. He’s at least got to be your 8th inning guy moving forward.

Absolutely 8th inning. Just no reason to replace Hader because of today’s game.

2 Likes

Hader 9th, Abreu 8th, Montero/Scott/Martinez 6th/7th. Pressly only if the game is 5+ runs in either direction.

3 Likes

Replacing Hader would be nuts

4 Likes

Ask Joe Espada.

Agree, I’m just mad that the team lost a very winnable game that they needed since both Texas and Seattle won today. Such a frustrating team to watch after what we all have been spoiled with the last 7 years.

1 Like

It should be Montero-Abreu-Hader in the 7th, 8th and 9th innings with Martinez next up if anyone isn’t available. Pressly should be used in low leverage situations until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

But, look at the back of his baseball card, @Doyce7.

I never thought Joe Espada would demonstrate a complete lack of in-game feel and ability to make adjustments based on player performance. Especially not after the way he managed the ninth inning of game 5 in the ALCS after Baker got ejected. I was wrong.

4 Likes