Astros @ Angels, April 8, 2022

I just did. I feel like Pence is in an episode of The Munsters, and he’s Marilyn, the normal one.

2 Likes

Somebody has to write the algorithm and none of the numbers really make any damn sense. Mike Trouts “chance” was 30% with a 1-2 count and Jose Siris “chance” was 50% with a 2-2 count. I highly doubt there are any set of actual stats that spits those numbers out

36.8% of all stats are just made up.

2 Likes

I think the radio broadcasts are free on the mlb app

They seriously hired someone who this half inning asked Pence to explain the difference between a cutter and another pitch.

He is the guy that ruined Intentional Talk and she played high school softball.

Three statisticians go hunting and find a deer.

The first one fires and misses to the left.

The second one fires and misses to the right.

The third one says “We got him!”

3 Likes

I think they have the idea of letting her serve as an audience surrogate to tee up different questions for him.

I’m not sure it works, but I can see what they’re going for.

Katie Nolan has no business broadcasting baseball. Yikes.

1 Like

Only thing I can figure is she is there to try and introduce the game to attract new fans. But it’s off putting to those that know baseball.

Never thought I’d say this: swing the fucking bat, Altuve!

1 Like

I think that’s absolutely the idea. It’s not like people signed up for AppleTV to get baseball games. They’re actually trying to expand their audience.

3 Likes

Todd Snider’s “Statistician’s Blues” is a solid song

One thing they’ve convince me of is I’d rather eat dirt than pay for Apple TV.

It’s a good idea, but that’s not going to stop me from bitching about the execution.

MLB: we are struggling with a dwindling fanbase, what should we do…

Watson (hungover and still slightly drunk) how about Hunter Pemce telling stories of being In Australia handling bees, on AppleTV?

MLB. WATSON, You idiot, you are a genius.

I know, I know, it doesn’t matter. I just find this hilariously dumb. Bregman with a 1-0 count 18% chance to reach base, 1-1 count 16%, 1-2 count 24% 1-2 after a foul ball 25.8%. What?

1 Like

Yeah a good pbp guy does that anyway.

The Astros’ broadcasts where Blum and Kalas talk baseball 101 throughout the game are better than this by a long shot.

1 Like

She’s talked sports on TV though