Angels at Astros, 8/13/23

I like having a few possums and neighborhood cats around. Keeps the varmints to a minimum.

2 Likes

I do wish we had more birds, but it’s kind of either/or with all the cats.

We have plenty of birds around too. Mockingbirds, blue jays, robins, cardinals, and those damn little sparrows that never shut the hell up. The occasional woodpecker shows up.

A possum tried to get in my garage by squeezing in between the door and the garage frame. He/she/it got stuck and met an untimely end. The dang thing was 3-4 feet off the ground, which astonished me.

1 Like

I have a name you know!

Also, you could’ve at least brought me a towel.

6 Likes

HAHAHAHA!

At my old place I had a pretty sizeable back yard that backed up to a creek, with only a 6 foot wood fence and about 10 feet separating the creek from my yard.

Buster generally had free range to come in and out as he pleased because of the fence. One night he starts barking like mad so I go to see what’s going on, and he’s running in and out of the back door waiting for me to come see. He’d apparently spotted a possum on the fence while he was just keeping an eye on things on the deck and started barking, and the possum froze up and nose dived off the fence in to the yard, playing dead. Buster didn’t know what to do with it, and was running and barking and booping it with his nose occasionally.

I finally got him wrangled inside and turned off the lights and waited a minute. The possum finally got up, shook it’s head, looked around, saw me, gave me a wink, and skuttled back up the fence and off to his possumly errands.

I saw him a few more times running the fence at night, but he steered way clear of my porch and Buster after that.

6 Likes

One night I was outside in the patio, watching the game and enjoying a cigar, and my dog Wrangler waddles by with something in his mouth. I quickly realize it’s a baby possum. I finally get him to let it go, and I assume it’s dead. I go get a shovel to move it, and as soon as I go to scoop it up it scurries off.

My wife names all the wildlife in the backyard. We had a rather large possum that would walk the fence every night she called “Big Pussy”. The armadillo is “P Diddy”, a rabbit is “Thumper” and any owl is “Sammy”.

1 Like

Let’s go Astros!!!

Dubon throws the leather around!

1 Like

Dusty knew Dubon would need to reach that ball. Altuve’s arms are shorter.

2 Likes

So now Ohtani is going to miss his start against the Rangers? More bad luck.

Astros have gone 9-3 in the last 12 games and lost two games in the standings.

Urquidy with a 1-2-3 first

Will no one rid us of these meddlesome Rangers?

Astros are 9-3, but the Rangers are 11-1. As are the Mariners. The division is kicking ass.

1 Like

Rangers are 10-2, Mariners are 10-2, Astros are 9-3

Jose missed a meatball on the pitch before strike 3.

God is good God bless your wife.

Astros down 1-2-3

No score after one.