Angels at Astros, 8/12/2023

I mentioned the wine I’m drinking…Brennan Vineyards Buffalo Roam. Picked it up Fredericksburg. As for bourbon, I’ve been on a Garrison Brothers kick, but am also a fan of Still Austin. I don’t mix with liquor I wouldn’t drink straight. Kinda like not cooking with wine you wouldn’t drink. But that’s just me.

I was asking about rum.

Ah…got it. For sipping, there are lots I like. Zacapa 23 is nice, and my favorite is Cartavio XO from Peru. Mixing rum, Appleton Estate Signature is that classic Jamaican funky stuff, and for white rum I like Plantation. I also like some of the Hawaiian rum from Koloa. Their Kaua’i Dark makes a heck of a Dark n Stormy*

• OWA does not endorse the use of non-Gosling’s nor the use of the term “Dark n Stormy” using any other brand, so please, liquor police, don’t sue us for copyright infringement.
1 Like

1-2-3 seventh for France

At the Stretch…7-2 Astros

This kid is pitching like a veteran.

5 Likes

He has really held this starting rotation together when it could have otherwise come unglued. He’s been terrific.

“I just asked for a new ball and Ron Kulpa tossed me.”

Bullshit, dicknose.

Yordan remains consistent this week.

What do you think of Diplomatico’s offerings?

I’m assuming that was tongue in cheek. I recall one player being asked after an ejection “what did you say to the umpire?” and deadpanning “I told him his socks didn’t match his shirt, and I got run”.

Wait…what?

Pierzynski discussing a clip of him getting tossed in a Ranger game at MMP.

1 Like

I give that guy no benefit of the doubt.

I’m sure AJ said nothing nor instigated things in any way at all

They have some good ones. Their Planas is another really good white rum, perfect for an El Presidente. Their Reserva is a very good sipping rum.

Thanks, man. I know my whiskey and tequila labels, but I forget rums and tend to go back to the same 3 or 4 constantatly

Rangers and Giants are tied at one after one.

Giants and Orioles could do some good tonight

Strong inning from Abreu.

Good to see that.

Diplimatico has some other really high end sippers, but they’re hard to find and very spendy. Not that I’m against spending on good rum, mind you.

Again, if you haven’t tried Cartavio XO, do it. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s not cheap, about $60 a bottle, but not outrageous and worth every nickel. There are, of course, those ridiculously expensive rums, but I’m not Thurston Howell III.

1 Like