Angels at Astros, 5/20/24

Jon Singleton. Not the man for the job. He warmed up briefly, but is plummeting again. Only two doubles for the year. Where Espada has him hitting in the lineup is ridiculous. He is always coming up in critical situations and delivering a marginal at bat. Even the Angel’s miserable 1st baseman has better numbers.

It all happened pretty quickly, but not too quickly to be proactive.

I’m not disagreeing, but I just can’t bring myself to worry about anything but our supposed #2 starter giving away an absolutely gift-wrapped win against a team absolutely devoid of talent.

4 Likes

Now do 2024 Bregman.

Everything always happens quickly with Framber. You’ve got to know that, and you’ve got to be ready to act.

7 Likes

Wow, what a catch by Adell.

Fucking hell. That’s quite a catch. Fuck.

I agree with you.
I’ve just been sitting on this thought and had to unload.

He’s a ridiculous talent. Scary player now that he’s putting things together with the bat.

Ball game.

Well, Estevez tried to help us out, but his defense didn’t get the memo.

I tried to believe that Espada was not part of the problem. The evidence is too damning at this point.

4 Likes

Espada should get the full season. But unfortunately, it might be a wasted season. I won’t blame him for everything, but the fact that he’s a part of the problem simply shouldn’t be the case.

Espada made a bad decision that cost the team the game. Obviously, he really wanted Framber to get out of the inning with a lead so he’d qualify for the win but to leave him after the first four runs in the inning is just shitty game management. It was stupid.

2 Likes

It’s like Espada is afraid to act. It’s just baffling

1 Like

He’s been caught flatfooted way too many times in way too many predictible situations so far.

7 Likes

You often see first time managers paired with an veteran bench coach. In many cases someone that has managed before at the MLB level. I wonder if such a pairing might have helped Espada better navigate some of these early season situations? Too late for that now of course.

I think a bench coach can make a difference if it is the right matchup. I hate to admit it and it’s probably just coincidental but Ausmus seems to have really helped Aaron Boone this year.

His in game management is as baffling as his lineup configurations.

Trying to think of scenarios where a pitcher who enters an inning with a lead should have that inning end with 7 runs allowed.

3 Likes